Everton rejects £85M Barca bid for Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there'll be people sniffing around Richarlison in the summer window, but I'm equally sure that we won't sell him unless,

A. The price meets the clubs valuation
B. It's early enough in the window for us to replace him adequately
And
C. Ancelotti is okay with it and knows who else he wants

That's a number of moving pieces that all need to align just right for it to happen. Not saying they won't, but if it does happen then I'm sure we have plans in place to deal with it. I can't see Richarlison agitating for a move too much. He's young and hasn't come close to hitting his prime yet. Another season or two playing the Premier League is hardly something he'll see as a negative IMO

At the end of the day he's South American and the pull of the two big Spanish clubs is kind of hard to ignore if you're from that part of the world. If he becomes as good as we hope he will become then it's probably nailed on that he'll be off one day, but so long as he gives us his best during that time and we don't get ripped off on the transfer fee then it doesn't have to be the end of the world. Just enjoy him as much as we can whilst he's here

He is unsellable at the moment. Maybe in 2 years time if we've brought in 5 or 6 players at his level, but then you would hope we'd be challenging for honours and he wouldn't want to leave.

It's fine to just jump on in and all mate, you're usually best served reading on and seeing how the conversation unfolded before you do though.
I don’t think anyone thinks they’ve defaulted on payments. And I think everyone knows that most deals are structured so that the fee is paid over the term of a contract etc.

They are obviously in a different stratosphere to us but I thought they were struggling from a FFP perspective, weren’t they?

I don’t think anyone thinks they’ve defaulted on payments. And I think everyone knows that most deals are structured so that the fee is paid over the term of a contract etc.

They are obviously in a different stratosphere to us but I thought they were struggling from a FFP perspective, weren’t they?

It seemed to me that was what Joey was implying hence my asking him to clarify. Yup, they have to sell around 100 millions worth in the next year IIRC. They'll manage it I'm sure. I read recently that their operating budget is 1.6 BILLION, which is just mind blowing. If they wanted Richarlison, there's no doubt in my mind they could afford him.

The offer to Everton came in yesterday apparently, but there was a possibility of mistaken identity, not Niasse as previously thought, but Tom Davies, who they think would add glamour at the Neu Camp. The sum offered was considerable less than the rumoured offer. It had to be, because of Tom's limited usefulness on a football field. Let him go I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.