Everton players on loan 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult to say how big the jump is in terms of the individual quality of player I think. The difference between being standing out in the Championship and standing out in the PL is huge, but in terms of just being good enough to hold your own I don't think it's as big as people suggest. If you look at the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley etc, they have squads full of what would have been generally regarded as Championship players but they're capable of doing a job in the PL in the right set up/surrounded by sufficient quality. You'd like to think the same would apply to the likes of Williams, Robinson etc who are out on loan.
Your last point is spot on but is lost on many people with their “ He’d never get into a top Six team” when discussing our younger players, forgetting we’re not a top six team and don’t have the money to get there quickly and particularly don’t have the money to spend on high quality squad players - from the weekend all the City outfield subs would get into our team. We can’t compete with that , so I’d rather we spent our money on a few quality first team players backed up by others we have developed comparatively cheaply if they prove good enough particularly on loan.

How big a jump is it from Championship to PL?

I really like Williams (Not Ash) from the very few games I watched of the U23’s a few years ago and loan spell last year. I note a lot of people who would be better judges of talent than me feel he just lacks a bit of high end talent to make it with us.

But he’s strung together 2 strong years in the championship as opposed to a Dowell who was really good and then just average this year.

....the big jump is from youth football to league football. The Championship is a very high standard and loanees who perform well at that level are setting themselves up for a very handsome career in the game. Step up to Premiership could happen via promotion as it did with Duffy at Brighton.

The main objective for young footballers is a career in the game.

Bit of a delay:

Bolasie was played as a striker for the first time, did very well one assist. Was about the only one that actually played for the shirt; put in a lot of effort and was instrumental in the the much improved second half of the game. In fairness should have seen a red card for almost breaking the ankle of Mata. Unfortunately RSCA lost at home against Brugge for the first time in 21 years - I do wonder when the humiliation will end. Here's the newspaper-rating (he has the highest score).

9ee2e485-445d-4050-a8e7-d98b6b3a7dca.png

Championship
Bolton Wanderers - Joe Williams and Callum Connolly played full match in 1-2 home defeat to Ipswich Town

OS Match Report

Fan comment
"Just shows what no training and a cancer of negativity can do to young lads. Williams and Connolly have been impressive last few games, but today, after 3 days off, when they’ve probably played football for everyday of their lives, had them being caught in possession, not passing straight and being brought down to the low expectations of the rest of the team."

Wigan Athletic - Antonee Robinson played full match in 2-2 away draw at Bristol City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
54' More great work from Latics, @WindassJnr feeding @Antonee_Jedi high up the left, the initial delivery cleared, but the second ball in from @NathanByrne_ finds the head of Joe Garner. Over the bar with the chance. (0-1)
86' Battling in the centre, Pilkington wins it, feeds it left to Powell who plays Robinson the overlap, his cross deflected behind for a corner. The corner comes in, flies through the box, second delivery headed towards goal by Dunkley, but held on the line! (2-1)

West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate played full match in 0-2 away defeat to Millwall

OS Match Report
"Mason Holgate curled a cross to the edge of the box, which Johansen met with a powerful left-footed volley that David Martin could only tip over the bar."

Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started, was booked and was substituted in the 63rd minute of a 1-0 away win at Preston North End

OS Match Report
"At a bright and sunny Deepdale, kick-off confirmed Stevens as one of three United central defenders and Dowell slotting into a left wing back role."
"Dowell's right-footer was comfortable for Rudd"
"The first effort, following Dowell's pass, saw the skipper through on goal but Rudd was quickly off his line to save"

Twitter stuff
"44’ Dowell cuts inside from his left-wing back role but his right-foot shot is easy for Rudd"

Fan comments
"Dowell seemed to settle down and put a shift in."
"Dowell looked like a player playing out of position but did well to stem the flow once he'd been booked early on."

Antony Evans and Shane Lavery were unused substitutes.
Beni Baningime was not in matchday squad.

Bit of a delay:

Bolasie was played as a striker for the first time, did very well one assist. Was about the only one that actually played for the shirt; put in a lot of effort and was instrumental in the the much improved second half of the game. In fairness should have seen a red card for almost breaking the ankle of Mata. Unfortunately RSCA lost at home against Brugge for the first time in 21 years - I do wonder when the humiliation will end. Here's the newspaper-rating (he has the highest score).

9ee2e485-445d-4050-a8e7-d98b6b3a7dca.png
What do you make of Wesley is he a player we should be considering

Can see that Joe Williams being given a chance next season, we could potentially be looking very thin in centre mid if Schneiderlin, McCarthy, and (hopefully not) Gana leaves/Gomes doesn’t sign on a perm.

What do you make of Wesley is he a player we should be considering

Good striker; quick and a good target-man. Not so good of a finisher, especially seeing the service he's been getting all season. As mentioned before he has a temper, and is quite easy to wind up.

Good striker; quick and a good target-man. Not so good of a finisher, especially seeing the service he's been getting all season. As mentioned before he has a temper, and is quite easy to wind up.

How would you compare him to calvert-lewin?

Not sure he is what we need then doesn’t sound much of an upgrade considering Calvert Lewis’s progression

How would you compare him to calvert-lewin?
Not sure he is what we need then doesn’t sound much of an upgrade considering Calvert Lewis’s progression

He's better at holding the ball; and is physically stronger. I think he has at least 25 kg's on Cavert-Lewin and is also taller. Quite difficult to compare though; he's playing in a team that usually dominates. He was good in the CL though. I think he's already gone any way, Mannaert admitted as much knowing him he has already completed a deal.

He's better at holding the ball; and is physically stronger. I think he has at least 25 kg's on Cavert-Lewin and is also taller. Quite difficult to compare though; he's playing in a team that usually dominates. He was good in the CL though. I think he's already gone any way, Mannaert admitted as much knowing him he has already completed a deal.

Bundesliga I reckon.

Championship
West Bromwich Albion - Mason Holgate played full match and was booked in 2-3 away defeat at Bristol City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"Thought Holgate was the only defender to come out with any credit."
"How are people saying Holgate comes out of that with credit? He was awful along with the rest of the defence."
"He's good and powerful on the ball going forward, but his final pass is often too sloppy. He thinks, get it within a foot or so of teammate and that will do."
"Cocky, thinks he’s better than he actually is. Got caught out to many times."

Bolton Wanderers - Joe Williams started and was substituted in the72nd minute of a 0-2 home defeat to Middlesbrough
Callum Connolly came on in the 82nd minute of the same match

OS Match Report

No particular comments about them

Status
Not open for further replies.