Everton players on loan 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found his level.

Atm still better than Onyekuru. Bolasie performs against the good teams (granted today wasn’t a good team), Onyekuru mostly against the lesser teams. I don’t presume he’s doing anything different for Galatasaray either. Haven’t seen him since last year, but according to a Galatasary fan (lots of Turks where I live) I met he’s still tactically incomplete and does whatever he pleases on the pitch and it’s more of the same.

Starting from after the international break, play-off 1, so only games against the good teams for Bolasie. Will be very interesting to see if he can keep this up.

....he never hits the 6 yard box when the ball is on the other wing. He just did.
To be fair he plays central striker for them.

Probably a tactical guideline from the coach. Bolasie still plays as a winger; LW or RW. They switch during the game (first with Verschaeren, then with Amuzu). Santini, unfortunately, is the striker. Bolasie actually scored two goals today. A second goal was disallowed and nobody knows why, he didn’t do anything wrong. Only saw the last 25 minutes today but he put in a good shift, also defensively.

Already shuddering at the thought of Bolasie playing central striker for us, Would be doing tap dancing skills on the penalty spot.

Hed be next to the keeper saying;

"LISTEN...LISTEN" while holding an imaginary microphone and speaking quickly so no one could understand...creating a sense of confusion and dizzyness to paralyse the opposition keeper.

Then be flagged offside.

Already shuddering at the thought of Bolasie playing central striker for us, Would be doing tap dancing skills on the penalty spot.

He hasn't played in the middle in any of the games I've seen, nor is there any site I could find that suggested he played anything other than wide. His power and pace is too much for many in that league. He's playing well, but the league isn't great. To his credit, he's helped power Anderlecht into the Playoff 1, so it gives them a chance to win the league and qualify for the Champions League. The format is strange, honestly.

Division One
Blackpool - Antony Evans started and was substituted in the 64th minute of a 4-1 away win over Bradford City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
20' - Tilt goes challenging for an Evans free-kick but Richard O'Donnell manages to collect at the second attempt. (0-0)
25' - Armand Gnanduillet heads Blackpool in front, rising high to nod in Antony Evans' cross. (0-1)
43' - Evans smashes the free-kick into the Bradford wall. (0-1)

Fan comment
"Evans has taken a lot of stick but did well on our first goal getting the cross in."

Division One
Blackpool - Antony Evans started and was substituted in the 64th minute of a 4-1 away win over Bradford City

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
20' - Tilt goes challenging for an Evans free-kick but Richard O'Donnell manages to collect at the second attempt. (0-0)
25' - Armand Gnanduillet heads Blackpool in front, rising high to nod in Antony Evans' cross. (0-1)
43' - Evans smashes the free-kick into the Bradford wall. (0-1)

Fan comment
"Evans has taken a lot of stick but did well on our first goal getting the cross in."

....many thanks.

I think Evans was given a 2 year contract extension, so could have another season with us if a club is not willing to take him in the summer. If he’s not pulling up trees at Blackpool, it seems very unlikely that he has a future with us but he is a good footballer who might just need to find the right club.

ff55113d-a793-4aec-bf46-26317bed5dc5.png

In short: Bolasie wants to experience the CL, if that objective is reached he would be open to a longer loan at RSCA. Qualification seems unlikely at this point.

ff55113d-a793-4aec-bf46-26317bed5dc5.png

In short: Bolasie wants to experience the CL, if that objective is reached he would be open to a longer loan at RSCA. Qualification seems unlikely at this point.

....he won’t care about staying there on loan because we are paying a large portion of his wage. I think the best we can hope for is another loan, but to a club who pay a greater % of his salary.

Championship
Bolton Wanderers - Joe Williams and Callum Connolly played full match in 2-1 away win over Queens Park Rangers, with Connolly scoring and being booked.

OS Match Report
"A fantastically floated delivery into the area from Joe Williams found Josh Magennis lingering at the back post. He nodded the aerial threat across goal, with Lumley parrying the ball straight into the path of Buckley who bundled the ball over the line."
"But then, Wanderers doubled their lead through Callum Connolly. A brilliant effort on goal from Sammy Ameobi was parried out by Lumley into the path of Connolly, who did the rest and sent Trotters fans into rapturous applause."

Twitter stuff
We have a brief stoppage in play here at Loftus Road following a clash of heads between @Callum1connolly and Pawel Wszolek. Looks like they'll both be fine. (4)
After Massimo Luongo was brought down just outside the box by @Callum1connolly, Luke Freeman's resulting free-kick went inches wide of the post with @Remi_matthews at full stretch. (24)
Josh Scowen latched onto a pass to move towards the box and his low centre aimed for Bright Osayi-Samuel, was hooked clear by @JoeWilliams0812. (32)
Luke Freeman moves away from @Callum1connolly and delivers a cross into the box that is glanced over the bar by the head of Tomer Hemed. (44)
Sammy Ameobi is played through by @JoeWilliams0812, and his low centre can't be turned in from close range by either Josh Magennis and Will Buckley. What a chance! (59)
A @JoeWilliams0812 header sees @Gazoneil running forward to lead a counter attack and he switches the ball to Josh Magennis who sees an eventual shot from distance go well over the bar. (64)
GOAL!!! ⚽️ @QPR 0-2 Wanderers (Connolly 71) Joe Lumley does well to keep out a Sammy Ameobi drive, but @Callum1connolly is there to score the rebound from close range. Get in there!
YELLOW CARD: @Callum1connolly is booked for a blatant trip on Nahki Wells as the @QPR forward looked to break forward. (75)

Fan comments
"I note that we played Williams and Connolly as a central midfield pairing again today. Together with the victory against Millwall, we've won two from two when they've been partnered with each other. It's obviously a minuscule sample size but two wins from two is no small thing when we've only won eight from thirty-nine. It might well be nothing more than a coincidence, but equally, we might well have found ourselves an effective, hard-working combination in the middle of the pitch."
"Williams and Connelly seem to be decent together in the middle."
"The two Everton lads were absolutely brilliant."
"Magennis, O'Neill, Connelly and Williams worked their bloody socks off."
"Evidently playing Connolly and Williams helps massively."

NB Ex-EFC Academy full back Jake Bidwell featured for QPR (now played about 300 professional games for Brentford and QPR)

Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started and was substituted at half-time of 2-3 home defeat to Bristol City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I have to be honest Dowell for me has mostly been a disappointment. He did ok at Villa for an hour and had a good first half at WBA. In the last three games he has played he has been anonymous...at SWFC, and v Brentford and Bristol. I expected a midfielder who would run with the ball; carry possession, offer shooting options and link play. ...
To be hauled off at half time the last two home games sums up what Wilder thinks.
He looks a bit disinterested and my mate summed it up saying he looks a classic loan player that knows he is back at his club in a few months."
"Dowell a bit of a passenger"

Wigan Athletic - Antonee Robinson played full match and was booked in 0-0 home draw with Brentford

OS Match Report
"Gavin Massey’s dancing feet saw him drift into the penalty area with his eventual effort being blocked, before Antonee Robinson’s goal-bound effort was blocked by a Brentford defender."

Twitter stuff
5' Excellent on the right side, @Gavinmassey92 barging his way into the box and making things very uncomfortable for Brentford. Latics denied twice in the move, with @Antonee_Jedi's low effort blocked on the left side after Massey initial attack. (0-0)
50' Yellow. Antonee Robinson into the book for a foul on Watkins. Similar to Barbet's on Byrne in the first half. Free kick to the visitors, wide right. (0-0)

No particular fan comments about him.

League One
Blackpool - Antony Evans started and was substituted in the 71st minute of a 2-2 home draw with Plymouth Argyle

OS Match Report
"An Antony Evans strike straight at the ‘keeper, then a header a minute later, was the best that the team could muster in the opening 25 minutes."

Twitter stuff
15' - Antony Evans puts the delivery in but it smacks Armand Gnanduillet and comes to nothing. (0-1)
22' - Half chance for Antony Evans, who fires straight at the 'keeper. (0-1)
23' - Another chance for Evans now, whose header loops into the arms of Macey. (0-1)

Scottish Championship
Falkirk - Shane Lavery came on in the 86th minute of a 0-0 away draw at Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Matthew Pennington's loan has been cancelled because of ruptured ankle ligaments (operation tomorrow, according to Ipswich site).
Beni Baningime was not in matchday squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.