Everton players on loan 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship
Bolton Wanderers - Joe Williams and Callum Connolly played full match in 2-1 away win over Queens Park Rangers, with Connolly scoring and being booked.

OS Match Report
"A fantastically floated delivery into the area from Joe Williams found Josh Magennis lingering at the back post. He nodded the aerial threat across goal, with Lumley parrying the ball straight into the path of Buckley who bundled the ball over the line."
"But then, Wanderers doubled their lead through Callum Connolly. A brilliant effort on goal from Sammy Ameobi was parried out by Lumley into the path of Connolly, who did the rest and sent Trotters fans into rapturous applause."

Twitter stuff
We have a brief stoppage in play here at Loftus Road following a clash of heads between @Callum1connolly and Pawel Wszolek. Looks like they'll both be fine. (4)
After Massimo Luongo was brought down just outside the box by @Callum1connolly, Luke Freeman's resulting free-kick went inches wide of the post with @Remi_matthews at full stretch. (24)
Josh Scowen latched onto a pass to move towards the box and his low centre aimed for Bright Osayi-Samuel, was hooked clear by @JoeWilliams0812. (32)
Luke Freeman moves away from @Callum1connolly and delivers a cross into the box that is glanced over the bar by the head of Tomer Hemed. (44)
Sammy Ameobi is played through by @JoeWilliams0812, and his low centre can't be turned in from close range by either Josh Magennis and Will Buckley. What a chance! (59)
A @JoeWilliams0812 header sees @Gazoneil running forward to lead a counter attack and he switches the ball to Josh Magennis who sees an eventual shot from distance go well over the bar. (64)
GOAL!!! ⚽ @QPR 0-2 Wanderers (Connolly 71) Joe Lumley does well to keep out a Sammy Ameobi drive, but @Callum1connolly is there to score the rebound from close range. Get in there!
YELLOW CARD: @Callum1connolly is booked for a blatant trip on Nahki Wells as the @QPR forward looked to break forward. (75)

Fan comments
"I note that we played Williams and Connolly as a central midfield pairing again today. Together with the victory against Millwall, we've won two from two when they've been partnered with each other. It's obviously a minuscule sample size but two wins from two is no small thing when we've only won eight from thirty-nine. It might well be nothing more than a coincidence, but equally, we might well have found ourselves an effective, hard-working combination in the middle of the pitch."
"Williams and Connelly seem to be decent together in the middle."
"The two Everton lads were absolutely brilliant."
"Magennis, O'Neill, Connelly and Williams worked their bloody socks off."
"Evidently playing Connolly and Williams helps massively."

NB Ex-EFC Academy full back Jake Bidwell featured for QPR (now played about 300 professional games for Brentford and QPR)

Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started and was substituted at half-time of 2-3 home defeat to Bristol City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I have to be honest Dowell for me has mostly been a disappointment. He did ok at Villa for an hour and had a good first half at WBA. In the last three games he has played he has been anonymous...at SWFC, and v Brentford and Bristol. I expected a midfielder who would run with the ball; carry possession, offer shooting options and link play. ...
To be hauled off at half time the last two home games sums up what Wilder thinks.
He looks a bit disinterested and my mate summed it up saying he looks a classic loan player that knows he is back at his club in a few months."
"Dowell a bit of a passenger"

Wigan Athletic - Antonee Robinson played full match and was booked in 0-0 home draw with Brentford

OS Match Report
"Gavin Massey’s dancing feet saw him drift into the penalty area with his eventual effort being blocked, before Antonee Robinson’s goal-bound effort was blocked by a Brentford defender."

Twitter stuff
5' Excellent on the right side, @Gavinmassey92 barging his way into the box and making things very uncomfortable for Brentford. Latics denied twice in the move, with @Antonee_Jedi's low effort blocked on the left side after Massey initial attack. (0-0)
50' Yellow. Antonee Robinson into the book for a foul on Watkins. Similar to Barbet's on Byrne in the first half. Free kick to the visitors, wide right. (0-0)

No particular fan comments about him.

League One
Blackpool - Antony Evans started and was substituted in the 71st minute of a 2-2 home draw with Plymouth Argyle

OS Match Report
"An Antony Evans strike straight at the ‘keeper, then a header a minute later, was the best that the team could muster in the opening 25 minutes."

Twitter stuff
15' - Antony Evans puts the delivery in but it smacks Armand Gnanduillet and comes to nothing. (0-1)
22' - Half chance for Antony Evans, who fires straight at the 'keeper. (0-1)
23' - Another chance for Evans now, whose header loops into the arms of Macey. (0-1)

Scottish Championship
Falkirk - Shane Lavery came on in the 86th minute of a 0-0 away draw at Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Matthew Pennington's loan has been cancelled because of ruptured ankle ligaments (operation tomorrow, according to Ipswich site).
Beni Baningime was not in matchday squad.

....shame for Pennington and for us. Ruptured ankle ligaments suggests a summer sale is doubtful and another loan might be the best we can hope for.

Championship
Bolton Wanderers - Joe Williams and Callum Connolly played full match in 2-1 away win over Queens Park Rangers, with Connolly scoring and being booked.

OS Match Report
"A fantastically floated delivery into the area from Joe Williams found Josh Magennis lingering at the back post. He nodded the aerial threat across goal, with Lumley parrying the ball straight into the path of Buckley who bundled the ball over the line."
"But then, Wanderers doubled their lead through Callum Connolly. A brilliant effort on goal from Sammy Ameobi was parried out by Lumley into the path of Connolly, who did the rest and sent Trotters fans into rapturous applause."

Twitter stuff
We have a brief stoppage in play here at Loftus Road following a clash of heads between @Callum1connolly and Pawel Wszolek. Looks like they'll both be fine. (4)
After Massimo Luongo was brought down just outside the box by @Callum1connolly, Luke Freeman's resulting free-kick went inches wide of the post with @Remi_matthews at full stretch. (24)
Josh Scowen latched onto a pass to move towards the box and his low centre aimed for Bright Osayi-Samuel, was hooked clear by @JoeWilliams0812. (32)
Luke Freeman moves away from @Callum1connolly and delivers a cross into the box that is glanced over the bar by the head of Tomer Hemed. (44)
Sammy Ameobi is played through by @JoeWilliams0812, and his low centre can't be turned in from close range by either Josh Magennis and Will Buckley. What a chance! (59)
A @JoeWilliams0812 header sees @Gazoneil running forward to lead a counter attack and he switches the ball to Josh Magennis who sees an eventual shot from distance go well over the bar. (64)
GOAL!!! ⚽ @QPR 0-2 Wanderers (Connolly 71) Joe Lumley does well to keep out a Sammy Ameobi drive, but @Callum1connolly is there to score the rebound from close range. Get in there!
YELLOW CARD: @Callum1connolly is booked for a blatant trip on Nahki Wells as the @QPR forward looked to break forward. (75)

Fan comments
"I note that we played Williams and Connolly as a central midfield pairing again today. Together with the victory against Millwall, we've won two from two when they've been partnered with each other. It's obviously a minuscule sample size but two wins from two is no small thing when we've only won eight from thirty-nine. It might well be nothing more than a coincidence, but equally, we might well have found ourselves an effective, hard-working combination in the middle of the pitch."
"Williams and Connelly seem to be decent together in the middle."
"The two Everton lads were absolutely brilliant."
"Magennis, O'Neill, Connelly and Williams worked their bloody socks off."
"Evidently playing Connolly and Williams helps massively."

NB Ex-EFC Academy full back Jake Bidwell featured for QPR (now played about 300 professional games for Brentford and QPR)

Sheffield United - Kieran Dowell started and was substituted at half-time of 2-3 home defeat to Bristol City

OS Match Report

Fan comments
"I have to be honest Dowell for me has mostly been a disappointment. He did ok at Villa for an hour and had a good first half at WBA. In the last three games he has played he has been anonymous...at SWFC, and v Brentford and Bristol. I expected a midfielder who would run with the ball; carry possession, offer shooting options and link play. ...
To be hauled off at half time the last two home games sums up what Wilder thinks.
He looks a bit disinterested and my mate summed it up saying he looks a classic loan player that knows he is back at his club in a few months."
"Dowell a bit of a passenger"

Wigan Athletic - Antonee Robinson played full match and was booked in 0-0 home draw with Brentford

OS Match Report
"Gavin Massey’s dancing feet saw him drift into the penalty area with his eventual effort being blocked, before Antonee Robinson’s goal-bound effort was blocked by a Brentford defender."

Twitter stuff
5' Excellent on the right side, @Gavinmassey92 barging his way into the box and making things very uncomfortable for Brentford. Latics denied twice in the move, with @Antonee_Jedi's low effort blocked on the left side after Massey initial attack. (0-0)
50' Yellow. Antonee Robinson into the book for a foul on Watkins. Similar to Barbet's on Byrne in the first half. Free kick to the visitors, wide right. (0-0)

No particular fan comments about him.

League One
Blackpool - Antony Evans started and was substituted in the 71st minute of a 2-2 home draw with Plymouth Argyle

OS Match Report
"An Antony Evans strike straight at the ‘keeper, then a header a minute later, was the best that the team could muster in the opening 25 minutes."

Twitter stuff
15' - Antony Evans puts the delivery in but it smacks Armand Gnanduillet and comes to nothing. (0-1)
22' - Half chance for Antony Evans, who fires straight at the 'keeper. (0-1)
23' - Another chance for Evans now, whose header loops into the arms of Macey. (0-1)

Scottish Championship
Falkirk - Shane Lavery came on in the 86th minute of a 0-0 away draw at Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Matthew Pennington's loan has been cancelled because of ruptured ankle ligaments (operation tomorrow, according to Ipswich site).
Beni Baningime was not in matchday squad.
What’s happened to Baningime? Not played at all suggesting not that impressive in training? Or is he injured?

What’s happened to Baningime? Not played at all suggesting not that impressive in training? Or is he injured?
No idea, tbh. He got chucked in at the deep end in what was apparently a bruiser of a game, apparently did OK for a first outing and hasn't really been seen since. His brother plays for Wigan's academy and they were on a community day together visiting their old school earlier this month (so maybe it was a question of letting him go back somewhere where he grew up and his brother was playing and hopefully get him more games than he would have done with us).

No idea, tbh. He got chucked in at the deep end in what was apparently a bruiser of a game, apparently did OK for a first outing and hasn't really been seen since. His brother plays for Wigan's academy and they were on a community day together visiting their old school earlier this month (so maybe it was a question of letting him go back somewhere where he grew up and his brother was playing and hopefully get him more games than he would have done with us).
Cheers

How big a jump is it from Championship to PL?

I really like Williams (Not Ash) from the very few games I watched of the U23’s a few years ago and loan spell last year. I note a lot of people who would be better judges of talent than me feel he just lacks a bit of high end talent to make it with us.

But he’s strung together 2 strong years in the championship as opposed to a Dowell who was really good and then just average this year.

I really like Williams (Not Ash) from the very few games I watched of the U23’s a few years ago and loan spell last year. I note a lot of people who would be better judges of talent than me feel he just lacks a bit of high end talent to make it with us.

But he’s strung together 2 strong years in the championship as opposed to a Dowell who was really good and then just average this year.

It's a massive jump but he's done all he can in his 2 years. I think he either has to become a regular in pre season or we'll be offloading. I don't mean he has to be first choice but if he doesn't get much time how are they going to know if he can fit in ehen needed. He is unique amongst our midfielders as he seems to be adaptable to either being a box to box or a sitting midfielder which gives you a few more in game options.

Both Joe Williams and Callum Connolly deserve a chance this summer. Connolly plays as a left back, right back and defensive midfielder at times. A versatile player like that could have a place here as a depth player if he shows some sort of quality. Joe Williams I like as a player a lot and to me he clearly deserves a chance.

Isn’t the Joe Williams situation one which is Silva really rated him in the summer, wanted to keep him around, but he got a knock and left behind, so they loaned him out?

If it is the genuine reason, then I’d expect he’ll get a proper look in the summer (injuries aside).

Isn’t the Joe Williams situation one which is Silva really rated him in the summer, wanted to keep him around, but he got a knock and left behind, so they loaned him out?

If it is the genuine reason, then I’d expect he’ll get a proper look in the summer (injuries aside).

....Silva has already suggested he wants Joe Williams to be a part of next pee-season. I suspect he’s the only loanee who might have a future at the club. I imagine the others are up for sale if an offer comes in.

We need to qualify for Europe for any of these lads on loan to stand a chance of getting game time. We just have too many players to be able to keep them

It's difficult to say how big the jump is in terms of the individual quality of player I think. The difference between being standing out in the Championship and standing out in the PL is huge, but in terms of just being good enough to hold your own I don't think it's as big as people suggest. If you look at the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley etc, they have squads full of what would have been generally regarded as Championship players but they're capable of doing a job in the PL in the right set up/surrounded by sufficient quality. You'd like to think the same would apply to the likes of Williams, Robinson etc who are out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.