Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tosun goes and Bernard goes and we don’t bring anybody in, then that’s quite negligent really.

its ok saying they don’t play anyway, but a couple of injuries and they’d have to play, so we’d be absolutely snookered.

example, an injury to DCL means no option but to play Richy up top, thus weakening his position.

im pretty confident they wouldn’t let both these players go without at least 1 coming in.

edit: I’m really not seeing the need for a right back this window, we have more than enough until May with Coleman, Holgate and even Godfrey could play there. An attacking option is surely the priority, especially with Tosun going and Kean and Simms out on loan.
If Bernard and Tosun go on permanent deals that brings in about £10 million and frees up £200k wages per week.
If that happens ( unlikely ) we must go and get a game changer striker .

But the squad depth would be very limited if both Tosun and Bernard go and with Simms gone we have no back up for DCL. I mean yes Richarlison is used in that position but 1 injury to either of them and we struggle. Also sometimes you need some fresh pair of legs on. If Tosun leaves we need someone in.
Tosun isn't being used as back up to DCL though?

The one league game we had with DCL out, Carlo opted not to play with a centre forward rather than involve Tosun. He's doing nothing but cost us wages. His leaving does not weaken the squad and it strengthens the club.

Don't forget Tosun was a January window buy; we overpaid and he's drained resources. There's no point bringing another Tosun in as one leaves. The only way a forward comes in before Monday is a short term loan deal for a veteran - similar to how Llorente worked for Spurs, or United's signing of Ighalo last January.

We’re probably not going to sign anyone let’s be honest and instead of moaning when we don’t just accept that it is what it is.

Also, I can’t even get a film scanner delivered from the Netherlands because of Brexit so how do clubs expect to get players over? (This is obviously tongue in cheek I just want to vent about my scanner).

We’re probably not going to sign anyone let’s be honest and instead of moaning when we don’t just accept that it is what it is.

Also, I can’t even get a film scanner delivered from the Netherlands because of Brexit so how do clubs expect to get players over? (This is obviously tongue in cheek I just want to vent about my scanner).

I'm fine with no signings....takes time and patience to rebuild a squad, and if we can get better quality in the summer then we should wait until then

Because of injuries already, most of our key players are now quiet fresh going into the 2nd half of the season....and we don't have extra European games to manage like the teams around us do..

Tosun isn't being used as back up to DCL though?

The one league game we had with DCL out, Carlo opted not to play with a centre forward rather than involve Tosun. He's doing nothing but cost us wages. His leaving does not weaken the squad and it strengthens the club.

Don't forget Tosun was a January window buy; we overpaid and he's drained resources. There's no point bringing another Tosun in as one leaves. The only way a forward comes in before Monday is a short term loan deal for a veteran - similar to how Llorente worked for Spurs, or United's signing of Ighalo last January.
I disagree. If the rumour of no loan fee and us still paying 50% of his wages is correct then shipping him out for 6 months saves us about a million quid. That's fine, but if he came off the bench and scored a winner that got us one place higher in the table it'd gain us more than that. He's quite capable of doing that if nothing else, so letting him go definitely does weaken the squad and if nobody replaces him then it just doesn't seem worthwhile to me. If Simms was still here maybe it would be different, but to not even have any striker that you could just throw on for 15 minutes in the hope something falls to them in the box would just be bizarre.

If Tosun is subject to 3 clubs after him make sure we get a transfer or 18m loan deal.

No point bring him back in the summer to sit on his wages.

Get rid one way or another

Are there any decent links for Bernard leaving? He was in the squad on Wednesday..

I can't see us getting a fee for Tosun at the moment so a loan makes more sense accounting wise. We should however be getting his wages covered, we can't keep giving teams players for free!

If he goes somewhere for 6 months and does a job, we might even recoup some funds in the summer.

Agree with this. Davies isn't half as bad as some make out.
As much as we all would like 20 odd world class players in our squad it isn't going to happen.
Even clubs like Madrid, Barca, Juve and Munich don't have that.
He is a decent squad player who we can always rely on to do his best when injuries and suspensions occur.
At least he's interested in playing for the club. We have others who are happy to just steal wages!

The lad isn't amazing but this myth that he is completely useless is boring now. Its just nothing more then agenda on the lad.

Surely Tosun is a sale or an 18 month loan where we split the wages...

Not sure why some posters think we 'need' to replace him immediately, he wasnt getting on the pitch anyway.

Im hoping Tosun, Besic, Bernard and Kenny are all out the door this window and we keep our powder dry till summer when there will be plenty of deals on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.