Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because having DCL up top is great, but we won't finish top 4 without competition or someone to bring on.

A good striker subbed on against Leicester could've won us the game.

We do need players on the bench too. I mean like then or not, tosun/Bernard and Kenny are regulars on the bench. With our injury record as it is/ can’t see us going rest of season without knocks/players missing games.

IMO we are pretty light up top and out wide as it is - if we lose one of Bernard or Gordon on loan and tosun then surely we need to bring someone in?

We are also in a cracking position and getting someone should could potentially get us a few goals off the bench could be crucial by end of season.
Pickford / Olsen
DF: Coleman / Holgate / Godfrey / Mina / Keane / Nkounkou / Digne

MF: Allan / Doucoure / Davies / Sigurdsson / Delph / Gomes / Gbamin

WF: James / Iwobi / Gordon / Richarlison / DCL

Thats if we punt Bernard, Tosun, Kenny, Besic...

If we bank £15mil for them and circa £250k a week in wages then we'd be doing very well.

Lets not forget that we also have Kean on loan who (despite rumours) is still our player and hasnt been sold.

If we can keep our powder dry until the summer then we'll be seeing a lot of good value deals which we can take advantage of.

For me, this is a time to sell...

To be honest another centre midfielder is just as vital as a striker, we are desperate for them in each position, really, really desperate.
We have been getting good results while Allan has been missing and even drew with Leicester with both Allan and Doucore missing.
If Delph ever gets fir then he can play in that position as well.

Up front is the area where we need cover more than anywhere else.

Pickford / Olsen
DF: Coleman / Holgate / Godfrey / Mina / Keane / Nkounkou / Digne

MF: Allan / Doucoure / Davies / Sigurdsson / Delph / Gomes / Gbamin

WF: James / Iwobi / Gordon / Richarlison / DCL

Thats if we punt Bernard, Tosun, Kenny, Besic...

If we bank £15mil for them and circa £250k a week in wages then we'd be doing very well.

Lets not forget that we also have Kean on loan who (despite rumours) is still our player and hasnt been sold.

If we can keep our powder dry until the summer then we'll be seeing a lot of good value deals which we can take advantage of.

For me, this is a time to sell...

We need to stop counting Gbamin as an option with immediate effect.

I find the pass completion stat dubious because you have players that pass sideways or backwards 5 yards and never try to thread a ball through to create something and their pass completion will be reasonable.
My perception of him is he does nothing really well and is sloppy in possession.
To be fair what he’s got going for him is he looks like he’s trying (not all do), he’s homegrown and he’s not on 100K per week...
I remember hearing Davies passing stats a couple of games ago when he had a "good" game. In the defensive and middle third it was high 80% in the attacking third it was about 40%. Anyone can have great passing stats when all they do is kick the ball back to CBs or the keeper. Schneiderlin did it constantly. I remember his proponents pointing to pass accuracy as indication of his quality. I like Tom and I really wanted him to be great, but he is just mediocre. We need better to really start to climb to the upper echelons.

Status
Not open for further replies.