Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left back is fine, but we do need a right back.

I think we need a first choice right back neither Coleman or Kenny good enough to be first choice Holgate is a centre back. Carlo obviously doesn't rate Nkounkou as ready and again Godfrey is centre back so if Digne got injured switch him accross and bring Coleman in.

I’m comparing Everton players, one who has been awful since September, hadn’t completed a pass or dribble abd chucks himself on the floor constantly,but gets a free ride cos he’s Brazilian, the other doing the job he is asked by our manager but gets torn to shreds week in, week out, cos he’s Tom Davies.

fickle as , Baz man

i think Davies has improved significantly in recent weeks. I also think that although Richarlison has been off form especially going forward, I don't think he's as bad as people are making out.

Last edited:

Elkan Baggott has decided to commit his future to Ipswich Town despite interest from Premier League Everton, according to TWTD.

12 months ago, the Toffees snapped up a promising young centre-back from the Football League, fighting off competition from across the top flight for Carlisle United’s breakthrough star Jarrad Branthwaite.

Perhaps inspired by the way Branthwaite adapted impressively to life at Goodison Park, Everton were planning to strike a similar deal for another highly-talented teenage defender.

Baggott shone on his first-team debut in Ipswich’s 2-0 EFL Cup victory over Gillingham in October.

While opportunities since then have been few and far between, the Bangkok-born starlet did enough on that cold Autumn night to suggest he is, in fact, the real deal.

The archetypal, modern-day centre-half, 6ft 4ins Baggott is excellent in the air (as you might expect, given his size) but is also comfortable with the ball at his feet, starting attacks from the back with his fine passing range.

Some reports had suggested that Baggott had turned down the chance to sign a professional contract with a struggling Ipswich side who appear to be lurching from crisis to catastrophe in League One.

TWTD, however, say that is not the case. Baggott simply wanted time to consider his options and, despite interest from Everton, he has now put pen to paper at Portman Road.

The East Anglian Daily Times say that Leeds and West Ham United were also interested. But the youngster could now remain at Ipswich until 2023.

Baggott will now be hoping to force his way into Paul Lambert’s side on a more regular basis. If he succeeds, it won’t be long before Everton, Leeds and co are back on the phone.

i think Davies has improved significantly in recent weeks. I also think that although Richarlison has been off form especially going forward, I don't think he's as bad as people are making out.

serious question ... but what good qualities does davies have? He can’t tackle , loses possession a lot, get booked regularly, doesn’t score, assist and is not commanding in the air. He also gets caught out of position and gets walked past all game and cannot recover as he lacks pace . It’s a serious question as I am genuinely curious. My feeling is that he is a box to box player and has made all the steps up to the prem and he isn’t up to it physically. Maybe he could do it in the championship or league 1 but not at this level for me

Elkan Baggott has decided to commit his future to Ipswich Town despite interest from Premier League Everton, according to TWTD.

12 months ago, the Toffees snapped up a promising young centre-back from the Football League, fighting off competition from across the top flight for Carlisle United’s breakthrough star Jarrad Branthwaite.

Perhaps inspired by the way Branthwaite adapted impressively to life at Goodison Park, Everton were planning to strike a similar deal for another highly-talented teenage defender.

Baggott shone on his first-team debut in Ipswich’s 2-0 EFL Cup victory over Gillingham in October.

While opportunities since then have been few and far between, the Bangkok-born starlet did enough on that cold Autumn night to suggest he is, in fact, the real deal.

The archetypal, modern-day centre-half, 6ft 4ins Baggott is excellent in the air (as you might expect, given his size) but is also comfortable with the ball at his feet, starting attacks from the back with his fine passing range.

Some reports had suggested that Baggott had turned down the chance to sign a professional contract with a struggling Ipswich side who appear to be lurching from crisis to catastrophe in League One.

TWTD, however, say that is not the case. Baggott simply wanted time to consider his options and, despite interest from Everton, he has now put pen to paper at Portman Road.

The East Anglian Daily Times say that Leeds and West Ham United were also interested. But the youngster could now remain at Ipswich until 2023.

Baggott will now be hoping to force his way into Paul Lambert’s side on a more regular basis. If he succeeds, it won’t be long before Everton, Leeds and co are back on the phone.
Elkan Baggott of Bag End comes to mind.

serious question ... but what good qualities does davies have? He can’t tackle , loses possession a lot, get booked regularly, doesn’t score, assist and is not commanding in the air. He also gets caught out of position and gets walked past all game and cannot recover as he lacks pace . It’s a serious question as I am genuinely curious. My feeling is that he is a box to box player and has made all the steps up to the prem and he isn’t up to it physically. Maybe he could do it in the championship or league 1 but not at this level for me

So far this season tom Davies has played 581 (7 starts 4 subs) minutes in the Premier league.

Passing: 81.3%
Tackles won: 46% (1.2pg)
Interceptions: 1.5pg (17)
Fouls conceded: 9 (0.8pg)
Fouls won: 10
Duels won: 59% (70)
Aerial duels won: 42% (0.5pg)
Clearances: 0.4pg
Blocks: 0.4pg
Dribbles: 1.2pg
Bad control: 0.6pg
Dispossessed: 0.3pg
Yellow cards: 1

His pass completion is good, his tackling is good, his Interceptions is good, he wins his duels and he wins us more fouls then he gives away. The lads a squad player and I know he can he frustrating some times but people need to reel it in on the kid.

The lad isn't amazing but this myth that he is completely useless is boring now. Its just nothing more then agenda on the lad. The facts clearly point out that he's doing well since he was moved to a more defensive position in midfield.

The fact that you claim that he regularly gets booked when he's only received one yellow card this season really does epitomises your post tbh.

TOSUN WANTS BESIKTAS RETURN

I havent had an issue with him TBH has given what he can when he can. But I read this as another Turkish club looking to pay cents in a loan deal and have us pay 50% of his wages. Tosun likely has a number of offers (que presser I could have gone anywhere but choose Besiktas) but sees the opportunity to keep his salary intact and get his manager a $ and his old club paying peanuts. Everton, tell them all to do one and keep him as backup until he moves onto a club that offers us the better deal.

problem is we dont play him / want someone better in. And the wages we pay in the UK are far more than in other countries. So we have to subsidise some of his wages like before with Walcott, Sandro, Bolasie to get them out. Not sure how much he is on, but let's say 50 grand a week. That means the turks still pay 500k till June.
Yes get that but given he is not totally ineffective you would think there is an English club willing to take him and pay more. I hope he isn't refusing to go so he gets the Turkish move. Perhaps a bit harsh he did go to Crystal Palace when offered but it just seems weird in this limited market there isn't more interest in him. Like others concerned to that we don't replace him if he does go.

So far this season tom Davies has played 581 (7 starts 4 subs) minutes in the Premier league.

His pass completion is good, his tackling is good, his Interceptions is good, he wins his duels and he wins us more fouls then he gives away. The lads a squad player and I know he can he frustrating some times but people need to reel it in on the kid.

The lad isn't amazing but this myth that he is completely useless is boring now. Its just nothing more then agenda on the lad. The facts clearly point out that he's doing well since he was moved to a more defensive position in midfield.

The fact that you claim that he regularly gets booked when he's only received one yellow card this season really does epitomises your post tbh.

Hes ok as a squad player...

Key point is that if we have 6 centre mids theres no reason not to have him as a home grown player.

What we do need to be doing is adding two top quality centre mids to compete with Allan/Doucoure and shift out the rest.

Unfortunately there isn’t a single footballing skill that he’s particularly good at. At his best he’s average in a few areas, but poor in the others. I don’t know what people see in him that convinces them that he’s improved since he first came on the scene. I don’t wish him any ill will, and as long as he’s an Everton player I want him to succeed, but on current evidence he’s not good enough for where our ambitions lie moving forward.

I find the pass completion stat dubious because you have players that pass sideways or backwards 5 yards and never try to thread a ball through to create something and their pass completion will be reasonable.
My perception of him is he does nothing really well and is sloppy in possession.
To be fair what he’s got going for him is he looks like he’s trying (not all do), he’s homegrown and he’s not on 100K per week...

Status
Not open for further replies.