Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the squad depth would be very limited if both Tosun and Bernard go and with Simms gone we have no back up for DCL. I mean yes Richarlison is used in that position but 1 injury to either of them and we struggle. Also sometimes you need some fresh pair of legs on. If Tosun leaves we need someone in.

I totally agree, hopefully we get something agreed today for Bernard and Tosun which will allow Brands to make his move. Ideally a forward who can play anywhere across the front, no idea who that would be. I guess Zirkzee is the one we have been linked with but looks likely to go to Parma. Josh King perhaps, if he lowers his wage demands. It may be someone out of the blue. Some Italian sources were still saying Rafael Leao yesterday, that we had discussions in the summer, but AC couldn't get a replacement in, so the deal was not completed. But now they have Mandzukic, it could be back on

I’d be surprised/disappointed if Tosun leaves and we don’t replace him.

He’s leaving because he doesn’t offer enough but we badly need to replace him with someone that does!

If he was leaving permanently then I’d be fine with not replacing him as he contributes nothing anyway. But a short term loan does absolutely nothing for us except put the problem back for 6 months, really getting fed up of this now.

But hes not sloppy in possession though, the stats prove he's not. His possession stat is around the same as godfreys iwobi and holgates.

I think the issues is because he's playing deep when he looses the ball he can looses it in our half which can lead to counter attacks that sticks in peoples heads.
Not having a go at him but just for the sake of balance I think it's fair to say most people would class those 3 as poor in possession too. The second part of it is a major problem with him in my opinion; it's not just that him losing it deep in our territory 'sticks in your head', it's that it's inherently dangerous. Losing the ball at the edge of our box is clearly more of a problem than losing it at the edge of the opposition's box. It's not just unlucky, you have to take more care in those positions and ensure you don't lose it. It's something Davies struggles with.

If he was leaving permanently then I’d be fine with not replacing him as he contributes nothing anyway. But a short term loan does absolutely nothing for us except put the problem back for 6 months, really getting fed up of this now.

Only hope he smashes it and we get more interest in Summer. If he flops, as he's likely to do as he's garbage, then we're back to square one.

According the Sky:
CELTA ENTER TOSUN RACE

Celta Vigo
have entered the race to sign Everton striker Cenk Tosun on loan.

Former clubs Besiktas want to re-sign Tosun and have made him their number one transfer target, while CSKA Moscow are said to be interested in the 29-year-old Turkey international.
Surely ONE of those will come good?

To be honest another centre midfielder is just as vital as a striker, we are desperate for them in each position, really, really desperate.
It isn't really, we just need to not have 3 CMs injured at the same time. We already have about 6, we can't just keep adding more because a couple are unavailable.

According the Sky:
CELTA ENTER TOSUN RACE

Celta Vigo

Former clubs Besiktas want to re-sign Tosun and have made him their number one transfer target, while CSKA Moscow are said to be interested in the 29-year-old Turkey international.
Celta coming in at least gives hope that they’ll offer better terms, CSKA might do too but I think Cenk will pull more for the Turkish skintflints

According the Sky:
CELTA ENTER TOSUN RACE

Celta Vigo

Don't see why we'd loan him out for the rest of the season unless we bring another forward in.

If Tosun goes and Bernard goes and we don’t bring anybody in, then that’s quite negligent really.

its ok saying they don’t play anyway, but a couple of injuries and they’d have to play, so we’d be absolutely snookered.

example, an injury to DCL means no option but to play Richy up top, thus weakening his position.

im pretty confident they wouldn’t let both these players go without at least 1 coming in.

edit: I’m really not seeing the need for a right back this window, we have more than enough until May with Coleman, Holgate and even Godfrey could play there. An attacking option is surely the priority, especially with Tosun going and Kean and Simms out on loan.

Yes get that but given he is not totally ineffective you would think there is an English club willing to take him and pay more. I hope he isn't refusing to go so he gets the Turkish move. Perhaps a bit harsh he did go to Crystal Palace when offered but it just seems weird in this limited market there isn't more interest in him. Like others concerned to that we don't replace him if he does go.
He hasn’t done anything to suggest it’s worth a gamble by another English club.

Status
Not open for further replies.