Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aurier left the Tottenham game at half time apparently, that's a half more than we get out of some of our mob.

Sign him up carlo

The ridiculous thing is you would think we would be weaker if the linked players leave and arent replaced but it genuinely wont make a blind bit of difference
But the squad depth would be very limited if both Tosun and Bernard go and with Simms gone we have no back up for DCL. I mean yes Richarlison is used in that position but 1 injury to either of them and we struggle. Also sometimes you need some fresh pair of legs on. If Tosun leaves we need someone in.

I find the pass completion stat dubious because you have players that pass sideways or backwards 5 yards and never try to thread a ball through to create something and their pass completion will be reasonable.
My perception of him is he does nothing really well and is sloppy in possession.
To be fair what he’s got going for him is he looks like he’s trying (not all do), he’s homegrown and he’s not on 100K per week...

But hes not sloppy in possession though, the stats prove he's not. His possession stat is around the same as godfreys iwobi and holgates.

I think the issues is because he's playing deep when he looses the ball he can looses it in our half which can lead to counter attacks that sticks in peoples heads.

I’d be surprised/disappointed if Tosun leaves and we don’t replace him.

He’s leaving because he doesn’t offer enough but we badly need to replace him with someone that does!
I agree, one injury to DCL or Rich and we would have one proper forward, even on the bench. Back to playing Gylf up top.....

I’d be surprised/disappointed if Tosun leaves and we don’t replace him.

He’s leaving because he doesn’t offer enough but we badly need to replace him with someone that does!
I can't see us passing up the opportunity to part with him if one occurs.
Whether it's possible to get someone else in is another point. I certainly wouldn't want us to get someone in for the sake of it.
They have to be a credible striking option or else there is no point getting rid of Tosun, unfortunately there are very few/none of those around this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.