Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short excerpt from The Athletic discussing covid's impact on Spurs finances so far:

When you consider that Spurs, generally considered to be a fiscally responsible and successful premier league club, is struggling so much - can't imagine how long other clubs can go before they aren't able to pay wages let alone contemplate big money signings.

Clubs without oil or foreign wealth are gonna be in trouble. I wonder if they sell anyone despite competing for the league

I've written a fair bit on other threads about this so dont want to repeat in detail (see Spurs thread). However

1) Spurs will not be the worst, but the top 6 will all be massively hit, more than others
2) Prices will continue to drop
3) The league will grow more anarchic and egalitarian.

These numbers Spurs are showing, Uniteds are similarly bad. Liverpool may be even worse. The scale of these numbers will do untold, long term damage.

I'd like to see the following arrive:

Max Aarons (Norwich) to gradually take over the RB slot from Seamus, in the same way Digne did with Baines.

Sergio Romero (Man U) to immediately give Pickford a boot up the ass with a view to improving him. Romero is a short-term fix due to his age, and no-one's buying Pickford any time soon, so we need him to get his act together. Pressure on his starting place could achieve that.

Christian Eriksen (Inter) to provide more creativity and a goal threat. We have Richarlison, Rodriguez and then nothing else when it comes to creativity.

I'd LOVE to see the following leave:

Sigurdsson - In my drug-addled world, he goes to Inter as part of a cash-plus-player deal to sign Eriksen. In reality, I'd take £8m from FC Kobenhavn, PSV or one of the Red Bull teams.
Bolasie - I genuinely don't understand why we don't just claim on the insurance. He clearly cannot play football anymore.
Tosun - My wardrobe is faster, more agile and has a better long-term future in the prem than this charlatan.
Bernard - If we could get a half decent fee for him it releases salary space and makes the FFP figures look good. Some French team would probably take him.
Delph - Never more than a short term signing, counting towards the HG quota. I'd rather see Davies or Baningime on the pitch though.
Besic - He's playing in the U23s. If he can't even push Delph for a senior squad place, get rid.
Pennington - 26 years old and no sign of ever being good enough to play at more than U23 level. Cull.

Then we'll be looking for a faster upgrade on Isco. Where does it end? Need to get it right from the outset

We need a blend of experience & young players but your correct do we need any more older players when we are already struggling with paçe & recurring injuries because of aging legs...

Daniel James & Lamptey would be two good young players who would do well for us & be a good prospect for the future...

We need a blend of experience & young players but your correct do we need any more older players when we are already struggling with paçe & recurring injuries because of aging legs...

Daniel James & Lamptey would be two good young players who would do well for us & be a good prospect for the future...
I like The look of lamptey But I hope to god we don’t touch James, flattered at Utd and isn’t good enough to kick us on, we need a Richarlison like player for the right. And James is miles off that.

Just to add I’d have Brooks from Bournemouth before James, much better player imo. Apparently had another brilliant game tonight, yes I know it’s the championship. But was excellent in his first season in the prem, playing fir a bottom 6 team

Last edited:

I like The look of lamptey But I hope to god we don’t touch James, flattered at Utd and isn’t good enough to kick us on, we need a Richarlison like player for the right. And James is miles off that.

Just to add I’d have Brooks from Bournemouth before James, much better player imo. Apparently had another brilliant game tonight, yes I know it’s the championship. But was excellent in his first season in the prem, playing fir a bottom 6 team
Agreed, would also free up Rodriguez to play the number 10 role.

Linked with a 17 year old right winger
I think he's going to end up being a central midfielder. It's tough to say he's very young and the couple of times I've seen him play now he basically just dribbles guys which isn't the worst skill to have but also won't be enough.

Again I’m seeing someone suggest Baningime. What has he ever done for you to think he’s going to make it?
He's a curious case, is Beni.

Entered the first team fold a couple of seasons ago as a backup for Gana and really showed promised, at least in my opinion.

Then he got that injury and hasn't had a sniff since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.