Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could say that having no pace on the right really bloody harms us! But then the idea that Rodriguez is the greatest player to ever put on the Everton shirt may be brought into question. I suspect quite a few aren’t yet ready for this.
This coming from the person who wanted us to sign Ryan Fraser?

Currently, there are few better players than Hamez in the ten position. With DCL as a nine and Richi capable of playing on either side. We are only one player short of having one of the best front forward lines in World Football.

January is the window when we have to go big. Our motto should be go big or go home.

This coming from the person who wanted us to sign Ryan Fraser?

Not quite. I don't think I ever said that I wanted him, just that he could be worth a punt on a free, and that he was better than some of the other efforts that we have playing LM. Take Richarlison out and we are left dealing with players that are even worse than Fraser; like Bernard crying on the pitch because he's getting had off all over the place.

It's also coming from a person that thought we would regret selling Walcott, and we will, increasingly so, as we enter December and have a League Cup Quarter-Final with Manchester United.

The lack of pace on the right, the weakness of our entire right hand side, is going to bite us on the arse even more so than it has done already. It is our right hand side that is in most urgent need of improvement!

Like others have suggested, I really hope Rodriguez can move central, as I don't think he offers enough on the right.

Being linked with two Real Madrid players today, Isco and Mariano Diaz. I've seen lots about Isco, but not Diaz before, he's a CF. He's 27, he came through the youth system at Madrid, they sold him to Lyon in 2017 and then bought him back, but he has not played much. He was linked with a loan move to Benfica in August, but it fell through because they wouldn't pay his £70k a week. He would be available again in January for a loan or transfer. West Ham rumoured to be in as well

Being linked with two Real Madrid players today, Isco and Mariano Diaz. I've seen lots about Isco, but not Diaz before, he's a CF. He's 27, he came through the youth system at Madrid, they sold him to Lyon in 2017 and then bought him back, but he has not played much. He was linked with a loan move to Benfica in August, but it fell through because they wouldn't pay his £70k a week. He would be available again in January for a loan or transfer. West Ham rumoured to be in as well

Diaz seems to the right type of striker we should be looking at,
Similar to dcl in that he's mobile and quite good in the air

Can we please swerve this argument for a striker now?

It's clear where the deficiencies in the team are at this point and it isn't upfront.

Without Richarlison we were toothless up top and DCL had no service.

We're also an injury away to DCL from Tosun up top who's useless.

We very much need another forward - we only need more defensive reinforcements on top of that because Brands has signed a load of tosh back there.

So what’s the view then if we could offload a few players then and do some business, what would be the priority?
A right back, pacey forward or a back up striker?

Without Richarlison we were toothless up top and DCL had no service.

We're also an injury away to DCL from Tosun up top who's useless.

We very much need another forward - we only need more defensive reinforcements on top of that because Brands has signed a load of tosh back there.
Agreed that defender isn’t priority although at present defensively we are poor... Because Godfrey and holgate need to be given a chance to form a partnership that could still be our future.
The fact we lose when Richy doesn’t play is more worrying in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.