Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
U
I really don't get these James shouts. He's a Headless chicken and would be a step backwards.
the thing is, some maybe more, of
These football transfer sites, twitter sites, even some clueless journalists, still think we are the Everton of a few years ago, basically buying Utd cast offs, no money,
competing in the market with the likes of palace, Southampton, West Ham.

Maybe just have a look at who our manager Is, some of the players we’ve bought and the amount of money we have spent.

Posted this in the youth thread as well...

With Lucas Digne being 27 at the moment he's likely to have about 5 years in him as our first choice left back (assuming he stays that long) so that will make Small 21 when we're looking for a replacement. If Small is as good as people say he is he'll walk in to the team. I really hope we can keep hold of his and potentially just loan him out for experience over the next 2 or 3 seasons.
Obviously we also have Nkounkou in the same position who may become Digne's successor but it would still be nice to keep hold of both youngsters for the future.

With Lucas Digne being 27 at the moment he's likely to have about 5 years in him as our first choice left back (assuming he stays that long) so that will make Small 21 when we're looking for a replacement. If Small is as good as people say he is he'll walk in to the team. I really hope we can keep hold of his and potentially just loan him out for experience over the next 2 or 3 seasons.
Obviously we also have Nkounkou in the same position who may become Digne's successor but it would still be nice to keep hold of both youngsters for the future.

Someone will buy Digne in a year or two.

When is small 17?
it’s a laughable article imo
Like he will be play for Bayern or Juve at 17.
Even arsenal have an England left wing back who’s only just 19 and a Scottish international left back.

When is small 17?
it’s a laughable article imo
Like he will be play for Bayern or Juve at 17.
Even arsenal have an England left wing back who’s only just 19 and a Scottish international left back.

It's obvious he wouldn't be signing to go straight into their first teams. Also, it could just be me but Bayern have always looked like they have a good youth set - up so that could tempt the lad.

Completely get your point, but Maguire and Robertson were half of a back line at Hull that got relegated. Defenders can look night and day under different systems and different managers.
It feels like the same argument as when I say that we should attempt to build a competitive squad over a period instead of aiming for a quick turnaround and people point out Leicester winning the title. I'd put it in the unlikely to happen again category.

In summer:
Digne will be 28 with 2 years left.
Nkounkou 20 with 2 years left
Small 17 and hopefully on a new contract

I hope we extend Dignes deal to 4 years to take him to 32.

Also that both Nkounkou improve to such an extent that when Digne is 29 and they are 21 and 18 respectively they are good enough to replace him if he wanted to move on.

If we had europe then the younger players get more gametime.

Doesn't look all that much better than Gordon
Yeah i like Gordon and wished he played when Richy was suspended to see where he was at but feel like we should be trying to sign these players now so we're not having to fork out £60 mill for the next Richarlison when he's gone, and if in two years if he's not getting a look in then do what we did with Vlasic (except maybe include a buy back clause).

Just on Spurs, they've spent a lot of money recently

Their wage bill is huge.

That was all factored against having the new stadium, which they now obviously aren't getting full use of (NFL, concerts, the footy,)

Tottenham’s wage bill has for a few years been lower than Everton’s and in the last reported figures, Spurs was £69m compared to Everton!s £76m and when you take into consideration that Tottenham’s wage bill WAS around 52% of income and Everton’s 92%, even with no paying supporters I doubt Tottenhams’s ratio will be as high as Everton’s.

Anyway that’s not why I came here.
The Athletic says that Everton are looking at 3 out of favour Spurs players so probably b.s.

Gazzaniga. Could be a good keeper and I was very surprised that OAP Hart took his place as number 2.

Dele. Was fantastic for 3 or 4 years but his form has fell off a cliff in the last 18 months but he could get it back and a change of club would be good for him.

Winks. Never have I not wanted to see a regular starter in the line-up, he doesn’t do much and what he does do is well average but I was well pleased Mourinho finally dropped him after about 5 games ago.
If you were to take all three and paid more than £50m then you will have again paid a North London club to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.