Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know about the need for another decent midfielder. But for me our most desperate need is for a pacy player up front who can play winger or attacker. Richys suspension showed our massive weakness and this window we need to sort it

I think a right back who has the same impact as Digne should be top priority.

Emerson (Betis/Barca) or Dumfries (PSV) or Aarons (Norwich) all young, fast, assists and goals or two in them plus a vast improvement on Coleman and Kenny.
We need a RB who can defend and attack, out of those you mention that's only really Dumfries, the other two are far more attack minded players.

We need a RB who can defend and attack, out of those you mention that's only really Dumfries, the other two are far more attack minded players.
I suppose it depends on how Ancelotti see’s the team moving forward. If we go 433 and have a sitting number 6 Gbamin? alongside Allan & Doucoure, and I’m sure we will add another powerful midfielder in the summer, then we could get away with an attack minded one.

The same if we went 343/352. But if we play 433 with an Isco or something similar, then the RB would have to be an excellent defender.

A better GK & a top class CB would also make a huge difference, but that’s another thread

Loan qith an option maybe, years back he was amazing, but does he have the stamina to not be another slug in our team?

He would contribute going forward but can he run?

Loan qith an option maybe, years back he was amazing, but does he have the stamina to not be another slug in our team?

He would contribute going forward but can he run?

Yes it wouid be a worry and possibly you could only pic James & Isco for certain games, but maybe they turn 7/8 draws into wins. Which would make a huge difference.

The only possible System could be
4222 which I think Ancelotti has used before
Allan & Doucoure/Gbamin the bottom 2
James & Isco the middle 2 coming inside off the flanks and Richarlison & DCL the top 2.

Or the other obvious one is 4231, which I don’t really like, but would suit them players I suppose

Sorry for a double post but a player like Malcuit who would be available on loan in January that has played under Carlo

Olsen
Malcuit - Holgate - Keane - Digne
Doucoure - Allan - Isco
James - DCL - Richarlison

Sorry for a double post but a player like Malcuit who would be available on loan in January that has played under Carlo

Olsen
Malcuit - Holgate - Keane - Digne
Doucoure - Allan - Isco
James - DCL - Richarlison
Is he at Napoli? Because the Algerian RB Hysaj is out of contact in the summer. I did read him and Ancelotti didn’t get on, not sure how true that is

Is he at Napoli? Because the Algerian RB Hysaj is out of contact in the summer. I did read him and Ancelotti didn’t get on, not sure how true that is
I watch alot of Italian football, he didn't feature much under Ancelotti and isn't really what we need, for me we need a fast and aggressive fullback, Hysaj is aggressive but not fast, more suited to intricate passing plays

Malcuit is very fast and very strong, plus strong defensively which Hysaj is too to be fair, but Malcuit would be high and wide stretching the play for opposition defenders giving more space for James, Carlo bought him at Napoli & he is surplus their at the moment so a loan would be nice

I think a right back who has the same impact as Digne should be top priority.

Emerson (Betis/Barca) or Dumfries (PSV) or Aarons (Norwich) all young, fast, assists and goals or two in them plus a vast improvement on Coleman and Kenny.

I suppose it depends on how Ancelotti see’s the team moving forward. If we go 433 and have a sitting number 6 Gbamin? alongside Allan & Doucoure, and I’m sure we will add another powerful midfielder in the summer, then we could get away with an attack minded one.

The same if we went 343/352. But if we play 433 with an Isco or something similar, then the RB would have to be an excellent defender.

A better GK & a top class CB would also make a huge difference, but that’s another thread

Emerson / Aarons and Lamptey are all of course very attacking right backs.

However, theyre all under 21 and can be moulded to improve their defensive play.

It will be interesting to see who we go for...seems like we also need one for the youth team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.