Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can forget about ever selling Sigurdsson, Bernard or Tosun.

Just like Bolasie and Walcott before them, they were bought far too expensively (excluding Bernard, but his issue is wages alone) and are on far too inflated wages - no club in the world has or will bid for them because they understand players are not willing to take a huge wage decrease nowadays.

There is no point a club coming to us with a 5m bid for Tosun because they know he's earning about 70k a week here and isn't worth those wages to anybody else, hence why we've never received a bid for ANY of our expensive cast offs.

Even Besic, who clubs would probably take for a few thousand a week, won't go near him because they know he's earning about 5x what he's actually worth.

Let's just hope we don't go handing out an extension to Sigurdsson and all of the above, plus Kenny, are offloaded ASAP or when their contracts are up.

Roma want him .

A: Players fees
Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+
Nominal fees for a few of the others

Circa £100mil + huge amount of wages

B: I dont play FIFA...never touched it. Used to play FM and CM back in the day though...not sure what the relevance is here as they are games.

C: I wrote "£100mil and huge wages for players, before dipping into Moshiris pocket"

We actually signed Allan, Godfrey, Nkounkou, James and Doucoure for £60+mil per Brands...so with £100mil we wont go far wrong.
I may be being pessimistic here but I think you're way out on those fees Zat. If we're offloading any of Gomes, Siggy or Bernie it will have to be on a free because of their wages. Kean will get £30-£35m max. Said yesterday, we'll be lucky to get much over £50m for the layers on your list. And that's if anyone is prepared to match the wages, so the players may even opt to stay.

Sadly Zat we can't just buy and sell players on our terms.

I may be being pessimistic here but I think you're way out on those fees Zat. If we're offloading any of Gomes, Siggy or Bernie it will have to be on a free because of their wages. Kean will get £30-£35m max. Said yesterday, we'll be lucky to get much over £50m for the layers on your list. And that's if anyone is prepared to match the wages, so the players may even opt to stay.

Kean and Kenny are the only 2 on that list that could be easily sold ,maybe 40-45 m for both
Davies could be but wont be sold
The rest you would be hard pressed to shift unless there is some creative accounting done around a Bernard -Olsen swap

However, not sure why you mention Davies, Sigurdsson and Gomes without conceding that they would be replaced...£30-36mil there which buys 2 new players.
Zat, firstly we aren't getting £36m for those 3 players for the reasons I mentioned last post. Davies's price is admittedly going up the more he improves under Carlo (so why sell him anyway when he's still improving?). But who are the 2 players we are going to get for £36m that will be a definite improvement?. We would need to shop abroad, but the best prospects will all set you back £30m at least. Even good prospects from the Championship are costing £25m each.

Need to multi quote several posters at once so no one has a clue what’s going on and you aggressively take up half the page. List all players and positions and use question marks for positions you think we need to reinforce. Then write another list.
Claim some 19 yr old player is WORLD CLASS and we should sign them immediately. Maintain this stance until they get bombed out by Stuttgart or Villarreal a few years later. Then hope everyone has forgotten you were talking gibberish and move onto the next WORLD CLASS player. Include these players in your list.
A good start but still a bit to go.
Don’t forget the 3 paragraphs of condescending waffle when someone disagrees with one of your points.

Day 1: Of posting a picture of Marcel Brands until he sells or buys a player.
E6A6DE32-85F2-4F12-9EB6-CEC9470812BC.jpeg

Odegaard is an ideal player to cover for James. Zirkzee the same for DCL. These are 2 players we could feasibly bring in on loan for the rest of the season who would help cover 2 big holes in the squad.

I think our first choice starting XI is capable of beating anybody, but we're short in quality in our first choice back-ups and these type of signings could be the difference between competing in the Champions League or the Europa next season, with very little extra cost to ourselves.

If there’s even a sniff of Odegaard being available we should be on it if it’s permanent or loan with option to buy. The lad would be straight in our first XI playing with James rather than instead of him. He was brilliant for Sociedad last year, and I do actually follow them a bit.

Gomes will not leave on a free transfer mate.
he hasn’t been that bad and his wages aren’t *that* high relatively speaking

If there’s even a sniff of Odegaard being available we should be on it if it’s permanent or loan with option to buy. The lad would be straight in our first XI playing with James rather than instead of him. He was brilliant for Sociedad last year, and I do actually follow them a bit.
There’s lots of potential deals that we could genuinely make happen if we showed a bit of impetus

doesn’t have to be for £30m either

this isn’t in regards strictly to Odegaard, but this “nobody available” line that people run is tired and, well, wrong

A: Players fees
Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+
Nominal fees for a few of the others

Circa £100mil + huge amount of wages

B: I dont play FIFA...never touched it. Used to play FM and CM back in the day though...not sure what the relevance is here as they are games.

C: I wrote "£100mil and huge wages for players, before dipping into Moshiris pocket"

We actually signed Allan, Godfrey, Nkounkou, James and Doucoure for £60+mil per Brands...so with £100mil we wont go far wrong.
I dont think the figures are too far out to be honest... but finding willing buyers, and the players wanting to go, for all of them will be difficult. Think Kean +2 or 3 others will be reasonable.

But take into account Tosun- Palace were willing to pay circa 15M before his injury last season. Kenny the price seems normal... If Kean scores 25 goals this season no reason to believe a couple of big clubs in Italy wont come back in for him and push the price up, with PSG wanting to keep him.

Bernard, if he is willing to accept a wage drop will attract a fee around that as well... he is still at a good age, loads of champions league experience, Brazilian international and no major injuries. Assume we could do a deal bringing Olsen in that would help both clubs´ accounts.

Think in general Evertonians tend to overrate players when they are doing well and underrate them when they are doing badly.

Best player in the league playing in central midfield for the first half of last season

Gomes will not leave on a free transfer mate.
he hasn’t been that bad and his wages aren’t *that* high relatively speaking
Who would buy him mate. ? He's on over £100k pw by all accounts. I don't think any of the top 6 clubs will buy him, not unless he get's back to top form consistently and then he won't be for sale. Leicester, Wolves or West Ham aren't forking out those wages plus a transfer fee unless his form improves, and even then not even sure he'll go. Possibly a big name Italian team like Milan or Roma will take him on loan for a season, and if he does well then maybe buy him. But that's our best chance. IMO.

For me, he'll either play himself back into form, in which case we keep him, or he doesn't and he ends up going out on loan each year with us covering part of his wages. Hopefully he get's his form and confidence back as an in form Gomes is a key member of our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.