Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who youre arguing with here...

Ive said to SELL them...not release them.

The sales and saved wages would cover about 50% of the incoming costs to build out the squad.

Not sure why youve named only 3 of the players i listed? Theres plenty more.

Selling is better than extending the contracts of subpar players which you are suggesting.

*EDIT You want us to sign 9 players ????

Lets hope it all works out in our favour

3rd from the last 7 i think...
I think we've seen a change in clubs policies Zat, certainly at Everton anyway. I believe you'll see a lot more players leaving clubs at the end of their contracts going forward, especially older players who have outlived their usefulness.

If a players important to us we'll start to negotiate new deals whilst they still have 2 years or more on their existing contracts. As we're seeing with Digne now and with Keane and Richy before him. Other players we'll let their contracts run down, and decide near the end whether we want to offer them a shorter term deal on less wages. In this bracket I see players like Siggy, Davies, Bernard, Tosun, Delph, Gomes and Coleman. If somebody comes in and offers Money for them then we'll probably accept, but Davies apart they are going to be hard to shift because of their wages. You've seen how difficult it is the offload players like Bolasie and Besic. Either clubs don't want them or players don't want to go because of wages.

The other players you mentioned are manly younger players and we may get small fees for them, Kenny and Gibson being the most saleable. Oh and of course Kean.

So yeah, I can see most on that list seeing out their contracts and very few, if any, will be offered new ones. Maybe Coleman as back up right back similar to Baines. And a lot of that is outside the clubs control. it's a legacy of poor player recruitment that the current management team have to work with. Most will be gone by the end of next season, and I think we'll have a very competitive squad once we have brought in 5/6 quality signings over the next 4 windows and players like Virginia, Braithwaite, Nkounkou and Gordon have developed.

There are deals there to be done. Odrizola could be an excellent stop gap who could even turn into an astute long-term option

Odriozola + Vinicius + Odegaard + Isco + Militao all open for offers i think.

Thats only from Madrid, lots of opportunity.

Fair enough with that one, I actually do think something in the 35/40mil mark is fair for Kean.

Depends how we view it...for us £40mil covers two new players.

Still would say no to be honest.

A big yes for Lampety here.

Love Lamptey when he attacks...as others have said he may not be best defensively.

Still only 20 years old...could probably do well in a more attacking right sided position.

May also enable us to play 3 at the back with him and Digne on the flanks...Ancelotti loves options.

Remember when people said no about John stones rejoining lol
People don't like to admit when they're wrong mate. Financially it was good business when we sold Stones, but I was gutted when he left and fully expected him to become world class.

He's had his ups and downs and his fair share of injuries since he left, and a lot on here were celebrating his demise. But his form over the last couple of months has been excellent and I'm delighted for him. He's 26 now and maturing into the role. I mean, Michael Keane is 28 and he's still getting better.

Love Lamptey when he attacks...as others have said he may not be best defensively.

Still only 20 years old...could probably do well in a more attacking right sided position.

May also enable us to play 3 at the back with him and Digne on the flanks...Ancelotti loves options.
I think I've seen Brighton play this formation with Lamptey in RWB or a RM position

Jesus lad have a cup of coffee and calm down
Unlike a lot on here I have seen Everton win the league )4 times in my lifetime )win the FA cup (3 times in my lifetime )win a cup in Europe
I have probably more ambition in m little toe than you have in your whole body because I have seen the rewards
I am not saying giving those players new contracts is what I want to see happen but financial constraints will dictate otherwise
We will not be in position financially to have 23 top class players in our squad
As for Bills mate I detest the man
To quote Del Boy
You sir are a plonker
I demand 23 world class players in my Everton squad. Anybody who doesn't agree with me lacks ambition and I'm going to batter you into submission with aggressively condescending posts.

Odriozola + Vinicius + Odegaard + Isco + Militao all open for offers i think.

Thats only from Madrid, lots of opportunity.

Depends how we view it...for us £40mil covers two new players.

He would be a great option, as Ben shows pace can be enabling and very forgiving from a defensive point of view, in my opinion full back is the easiest position to coach defending, im not even sure hes all that bad, remember hes playing for Brighton. Lads were saying the same thing about Ben and how good a defender could he be given how much Norwich had shipped last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.