Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers ;)

Agree on Coleman, looks set to be a coach imo

Some murmours of Davies to Newcastle for £12mil + I think Sigurdsson and Gomes would go for £10mil a piece ish if we contributed in part to their wages...

The u23s would probably command tiny fees, but add them all up and its wages and £1mil+ which covers 4 Nkounkous :)

It was more about selling players while theyre under contract (where we can) rather than letting them go on frees...

By 2022 so many of them are out of contract that it makes sense to get them out now or in summer for a fee.

I think its definitely a sellers market if we price the players 'fairly'...

Ive always said 2022 summer is the time we will be going big. Thats because of the players i listed there are huge wages and bodies out the door.

However, not sure why you mention Davies, Sigurdsson and Gomes without conceding that they would be replaced...£30-36mil there which buys 2 new players.

If we can move them on + Kenny and others for fees then we could be looking at £50-60mil which brings in 3 players -- not to mention if Kean leaves then it all goes into the pot.

Of course, Moshiri would be happy to drop in some cash as well so we'd be looking north of £100mil for 6 players.

Yes, youre probably right about Sigurdsson and Davies. If they are kept on beyond this season though it smacks to me of pure stupidity when we could sell both.

Bernard rumoured to be £12mil and Olsen £5mil so cash coming our way.

I dont think Gomes would go for more than £10mil, he's at best a 1 in 6 player.

Tosun we need to offer him out for a low fee and subsidise his wages.

Kenny should try and move now...he needs to launch his career.

No idea why you dont think Kean is worth £40mil...thats already on the low side. Someone should be sacked if the fee is lower than that.

Both PSG and Juventus would pay that and more.

You realise we just subsidised Walcotts wages dont you? We can also do that when players are sold for fees.

Youre whinging repetitvely about how players cant be sold....then making excuses why they cant be sold...youre telling me no one in the entire world would pay a fee for Sigurdsson?

We had a Transfer fee on the table from the middle east for him but decided to keep him! Tosun is only around for the money, subsidise the wages and hes off...

Imagine how youre trying to put my opinions down by mocking them while wanting sub par players contracts extended

Its madness.

If their contracts run out in 2021 /2022 then if you extend their contracts were stuck with poor players.

If you let them go on frees at contract then you have no incoming fees.

You have to replace these players...not extend them or let them all run down their deals.
We will get a little more than our money back on Kean. That’s all.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Siggurdson is extended. Also, no matter what the Trump like fury is like on here, Davies will probably be kept, he Is not detested in the wider fan base.

We won’t be bringing in loads of players. 3-4 is the norm, especially while we try and get the overall squad size down. Selling Moise Kean and Kenny plus other contracts ending will largely fund that anyhow.

Finally, it’s a buyers market if anything. COVID has impacted football finances and there isn’t the money there once was. Clubs are accepting lower bids for cashflow.

Sell - Tom Davies - 12 mil
Gomes - 15 mil
Siggurdsson- 10 mil
Delph 2 mil
Coleman - 5 mil
Kean - 40 mil

Sign
Mbappe
New right back
4 new midlfielers.

Am I doing this right?
Need to multi quote several posters at once so no one has a clue what’s going on and you aggressively take up half the page. List all players and positions and use question marks for positions you think we need to reinforce. Then write another list.
Claim some 19 yr old player is WORLD CLASS and we should sign them immediately. Maintain this stance until they get bombed out by Stuttgart or Villarreal a few years later. Then hope everyone has forgotten you were talking gibberish and move onto the next WORLD CLASS player. Include these players in your list.
A good start but still a bit to go.

40m for Kean is dreaming, I think MAX would be 35 even then it's a stretch due to how Covid has effected the financial market in football.
I think 30 or so is probably more realistic

Need to multi quote several posters at once so no one has a clue what’s going on and you aggressively take up half the page. List all players and positions and use question marks for positions you think we need to reinforce. Then write another list.
Claim some 19 yr old player is WORLD CLASS and we should sign them immediately. Maintain this stance until they get bombed out by Stuttgart or Villarreal a few years later. Then hope everyone has forgotten you were talking gibberish and move onto the next WORLD CLASS player. Include these players in your list.
A good start but still a bit to go.

Don't forget, the need to way overvalue our players in the forlorn hope that someone wants to buy them at a price that's scientifically worked out based on their age/stats/what we paid/position or alternatively a price that is simply plucked out of a hairy anus, whilst at the same time pointing out how crap the players are in the same post

Isco is playing a fair bit last few weeks, Odegaard is the one sitting in the stands and could potentially be shipped out on loan

*edit- he hasnt actually been playing that much but he is ahead of Odegaard in the queue to play
Odegaard is an ideal player to cover for James. Zirkzee the same for DCL. These are 2 players we could feasibly bring in on loan for the rest of the season who would help cover 2 big holes in the squad.

I think our first choice starting XI is capable of beating anybody, but we're short in quality in our first choice back-ups and these type of signings could be the difference between competing in the Champions League or the Europa next season, with very little extra cost to ourselves.

I suspect Sugurdsson will be given an extension and Davies won’t be sold.

Bernard will not go for £10m because of his wages. The most likely option with him is some form of exchange, probably for Olsen.

£40m for Kean is hopelessly optimistic, he’s simply not worth that.

I‘m not convinced Gomes will be sold this summer either, but if he does, I think we would look to recoup more than £10m

Tosun may move, but he’s been content to sit things out so far.

Kenny is likely to move and £7m feels about right.

Our sales are more likely to be between £40 - £55m (assuming none of our big names move on).
All good points but who will pay money for Gbamin with his record of injuries?
More likely a free transfer.
Equally true.

He needs a chance with us first.
Definitely no point binning him before he's had a chance to prove himself.

We can forget about ever selling Sigurdsson, Bernard or Tosun.

Just like Bolasie and Walcott before them, they were bought far too expensively (excluding Bernard, but his issue is wages alone) and are on far too inflated wages - no club in the world has or will bid for them because they understand players are not willing to take a huge wage decrease nowadays.

There is no point a club coming to us with a 5m bid for Tosun because they know he's earning about 70k a week here and isn't worth those wages to anybody else, hence why we've never received a bid for ANY of our expensive cast offs.

Even Besic, who clubs would probably take for a few thousand a week, won't go near him because they know he's earning about 5x what he's actually worth.

Let's just hope we don't go handing out an extension to Sigurdsson and all of the above, plus Kenny, are offloaded ASAP or when their contracts are up.

Reactions: MKS

Status
Not open for further replies.