Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha
I played professional sport. Played in world championships, I know what ambition is but carry on

I’ve also seen Everton win titles. Why would anyone won’t to see them players you named in our team, moving forward.
You mentioned about siggurdsson getting picked. Well he played 1 of the opening 5 games and that was because Allan & Doucoure we injured

And we heard all about our financial constraints in the summer, no money, loans, frees. Again lucky we have an owner now who has ambition and not one that constantly lies.

moshiri will be backing Ancelotti again next summer, don’t worry about that.
Out of interest what’s your favourite games from 7th dvd
Tidily winks wold championships? Only joking what was it you did ?

Got a feeling Bernard could be gone this week along with one or two others.

We need to bolster the squad not in numbers but for quality, Zirzkee would give us something off the bench upfront.

I highly doubt we can pick up our top RB target or RW target this window, but possibly we can bring in an attacking player on loan from one the big club around Europe.

Isco isn't what we exactly crying out for although he would add something, I will use him as an example, at the present moment he won't be going the Euros with Spain, we are in a solid position in the league a player like him would surely want first team football or least given a fair chance which he isn't getting under Zidane.

There is surely more players in his position that we can look at getting.

This is the nub of the issue. High wages prevent sales.

Anyway, as pointed out previously, I’m pretty sure some of them will have their contracts extended because it’s far more expensive to replace them, and like it or not, we have the money for about three signings per season, so some will have to stay.
But lads on here think its FIFA and we can sell who we want and buy who we want
Weather we like it or not Davies ,Siggy ,Gomes will be around our squad for a few seasons yet and all the ambition and piss and wind talk about ambition will not change that once FPP is still around in some form and we have a stadium to build

Zat no one is paying big money for those players because they are on big wages
If Siggy or Gomes were on 40-50k a week there would be takers
So we cant sell them as there will be no buyers
You can quote all the figures you want but selling all those players will not be a realistic option
Look at Bolassie Besic ,Tosun ,Walcott ,no one wants them because of their wages

Dont actually think Tosun and Besic are on particularly high wages in the scheme of things FYI

Weather we like it or not Davies ,Siggy ,Gomes will be around our squad for a few seasons yet and all the ambition and piss and wind talk about ambition will not change that once FPP is still around in some form and we have a stadium to build
Its senisble as well, wholesale changes very rarely work. Can see us signing a rightback and another forward now or in the summer. Maybe one more midfielder and a backup leftback... but all is based on Bernard, Tosun, Besic, Bolasie and Kenny leaving on whether it is now or later. Sigurdsson as well in June. But we are have improved loads in the 13 months since Ancelotti came and can only see that continuing... even getting Gomes back to his best like we have seen with Iwobi, Keane and Mina.

Dont actually think Tosun and Besic are on particularly high wages in the scheme of things FYI

It's actually unbelievable that Besic is still around Finch Farm, did he sign a 6 year contract with us?. Gerrard will probably pick him up on a free and he's the type who'll thrive over there.

Besic is on 30k and Tosun 65 k
Who will pay those wages
Thats why we cant sell them
So quoting all the figures like 5m for Tosun is pointless because no one will pay the wages
Gomes 112k
Siggy 100k
Mina 120k
Bernard 120 k
Delph 80k
Who will pay those wages .no one hence we cant sell them so we have to keep them in the squad

It's actually unbelievable that Besic is still around Finch Farm, did he sign a 6 year contract with us?. Gerrard will probably pick him up on a free and he's the type who'll thrive over there.
I doubt Rangers will pay BESIC 30k a week

Correct.

No club has unlimited funds and we are no different.
We do need to add more quality to the squad and keeping players that you named above as squad players will allow us to concentrate our spending on higher quality additions.

Players like Sigurdsson, Davies and Gomes have all come in and done well and the results have not dipped in recent weeks when Allan has been injured or even Digne.

Of course there comes a time when you have so many injuries that they cannot be adequately replaced , but that is true of every team.

We simply could not cope with the loss of Coleman, Digne, Richarlison and JR all at the same time and that did happen for a couple of games.

Got a feeling Bernard could be gone this week along with one or two others.

We need to bolster the squad not in numbers but for quality, Zirzkee would give us something off the bench upfront.

I highly doubt we can pick up our top RB target or RW target this window, but possibly we can bring in an attacking player on loan from one the big club around Europe.

Isco isn't what we exactly crying out for although he would add something, I will use him as an example, at the present moment he won't be going the Euros with Spain, we are in a solid position in the league a player like him would surely want first team football or least given a fair chance which he isn't getting under Zidane.

There is surely more players in his position that we can look at getting.
Isco is playing a fair bit last few weeks, Odegaard is the one sitting in the stands and could potentially be shipped out on loan

*edit- he hasnt actually been playing that much but he is ahead of Odegaard in the queue to play

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.