Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the figures are too far out to be honest... but finding willing buyers, and the players wanting to go, for all of them will be difficult. Think Kean +2 or 3 others will be reasonable.

But take into account Tosun- Palace were willing to pay circa 15M before his injury last season. Kenny the price seems normal... If Kean scores 25 goals this season no reason to believe a couple of big clubs in Italy wont come back in for him and push the price up, with PSG wanting to keep him.

Bernard, if he is willing to accept a wage drop will attract a fee around that as well... he is still at a good age, loads of champions league experience, Brazilian international and no major injuries. Assume we could do a deal bringing Olsen in that would help both clubs´ accounts.

Think in general Evertonians tend to overrate players when they are doing well and underrate them when they are doing badly.
Anyone who has to accept a wage drop you can pretty much guarantee will not be getting sold

Who would buy him mate. ? He's on over £100k pw by all accounts. I don't think any of the top 6 clubs will buy him, not unless he get's back to top form consistently and then he won't be for sale. Leicester, Wolves or West Ham aren't forking out those wages plus a transfer fee unless his form improves, and even then not even sure he'll go. Possibly a big name Italian team like Milan or Roma will take him on loan for a season, and if he does well then maybe buy him. But that's our best chance. IMO.

For me, he'll either play himself back into form, in which case we keep him, or he doesn't and he ends up going out on loan each year with us covering part of his wages. Hopefully he get's his form and confidence back as an in form Gomes is a key member of our squad.
I mean I don’t think we’ll be selling him any time soon but he’s on a long-term deal (will be 2/3 years left come summer I believe?) and is 27. Would definitely command a fee

I guess it isn't but buying him out is not what I was thinking when you said take a pay cut

Makes sense though. Same with Sigurdsson, there should be plenty of interest in giving him a 3 or 4 year contract in the summer from teams in the lower half of the league that play more direct.

No hope for Bolasie and Besic unfortunately, they have already put their wallets ahead of their careers.

Makes sense though. Same with Sigurdsson, there should be plenty of interest in giving him a 3 or 4 year contract in the summer from teams in the lower half of the league that play more direct.

No hope for Bolasie and Besic unfortunately, they have already put their wallets ahead of their careers.
Sigurdsson is in his 30s I highly doubt he's finding four years.

Sigurdsson will be 32 at the start of next season. The only club stupid enough to give him a 4 year deal at that point would be us, and we can't sell him to ourselves.

I mean I don’t think we’ll be selling him any time soon but he’s on a long-term deal (will be 2/3 years left come summer I believe?) and is 27. Would definitely command a fee
I agree he'd command a fee if he got back to some sort of decent consistent form. But then we wouldn't want to sell him.

If he never got his form back and we wanted to offload, who would buy him? Who would pay a fee and be prepared to cover his high wages.? i don't think anybody would.

I agree he'd command a fee if he got back to some sort of decent consistent form. But then we wouldn't want to sell him.

If he never got his form back and we wanted to offload, who would buy him? Who would pay a fee and be prepared to cover his high wages.? i don't think anybody would.
I mean there would be a buyer, he isn’t turbo tosh.

but yeah, it’d mean us probably getting back less than half of the fee paid and him having to take a pay cut

wouldn’t be having to be punted on a free though, even if we decided to sell this summer

I mean there would be a buyer, he isn’t turbo tosh.

but yeah, it’d mean us probably getting back less than half of the fee paid and him having to take a pay cut

wouldn’t be having to be punted on a free though, even if we decided to sell this summer
Think about it Toff.

At the moment he's out of form and confidence, understandably so after such a bad injury. His stock is low. There's no guarantee he'll get his mojo back. In England, none of the top teams would take him. He's on a high salary that not many other English clubs would consider paying and the player may not want to go to those clubs, even of he were prepared to take a drop. Right at this moment in time, Andre Gomes is NOT the same player we paid £20m for 18 months ago.

This can go one of 2 ways. He get's his mojo back, or he doesn't. If he does then he stays, simple as. If he doesn't then we are reliant on somebody taking a punt on him AND him being prepared to take a pay cut. When was the last time something like that happened to Everton mate?

As per above-

Manager has 'telephoned' Everton player ahead of potential transfer - Toffees want €12-15m - Sport Witness

Everton have already said they arent interested in doing anything this month havent they? I think the Alli deal is a loan anyway

I'd definitely do a deal for Bernard that was worth £10m+, that would be terrific business both to get that fee and to clear his wages.

I'd like an attacking replacement, but I would imagine it would be someone on loan and lower wages like a Zirkzee.

After reading this thread back the last couple of days, I’ve realised some fans are away with the fairies. Wanting to replace every member of the squad whose not in the starting 11, at the click of a finger. Don’t think they understand the concept of a squad etc.
I totally agree, those loons need to realise we should bin some of the donkeys in the starting 11 too.

Think about it Toff.

At the moment he's out of form and confidence, understandably so after such a bad injury. His stock is low. There's no guarantee he'll get his mojo back. In England, none of the top teams would take him. He's on a high salary that not many other English clubs would consider paying and the player may not want to go to those clubs, even of he were prepared to take a drop. Right at this moment in time, Andre Gomes is NOT the same player we paid £20m for 18 months ago.

This can go one of 2 ways. He get's his mojo back, or he doesn't. If he does then he stays, simple as. If he doesn't then we are reliant on somebody taking a punt on him AND him being prepared to take a pay cut. When was the last time something like that happened to Everton mate?
I agree with you, but just based on the player himself having shown moments of quality (that cross the other day for example) even in his bad run, his pedigree etc. If we decide to let him leave in the summer - we may well do - he’d be seen as a sellable asset, not one we’d be looking at moving on on a free.

we’d probably be looking at max £8m, but wouldn’t be having to terminate his contract

For now he’s here like and hopefully he comes back to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.