Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is top 4 champions league, lose the qualifier and you’ve achieved zero.

I think the table is taking shape, Leicester, Liverpool, city and Utd starting to seriously crank. It’s a Europa spot, can’t see top 4 at all. And wouldn’t want to spend loads on potentially average players as that’s never worked (kean - no, Walcott - no, Tosun - no) for us. Got to show some patience unfortunately.

if you move two, I’ll be amazed for all of the reasons countlessly discussed here.

Leicester are cranking, but they are level with us with games played?

I think we have to improve on them. Davies in 22 though and getting better.

It's a case of whether we need to do it next summer.
Not sure he is. He reminds me of the work berk who hurries about pretending to look busy then when called upon to do something relatively important makes an absolute pigs ear of it. The signings of Allan and Doucoure have proven how important the middle of the park is. Davis isn't and never will be good enough, unfortunately.

I think the table is taking shape, Leicester, Liverpool, city and Utd starting to seriously crank. It’s a Europa spot, can’t see top 4 at all.
If we win our next game we will have the same amount of points Leicesters got, you are aware of this? We’re already level with City and only one point behind the rs. I know we’re Everton and we never get anything right, but to insinuate we’re out of the top4 race when we have the same amount of points as city in 4th and another win will have us level with hard cranking Leicester, whos played a game more than us, is a little goofy.

I'm not sure we will be able to get rid of all of them in 1 year mate.

I also think there is room for Davies, Gomes and probably Sigurdsson next season. They are squad men and are improving.

The only two we may struggle with are Davies and Gomes due to their wages and length of contracts.

The rest of them have contracts expiring in 2021/22 anyway. Those expiring in 2022 we have to move on to pick up fees.

Or we will be left with nothing when they go.

I'm coming around to the idea that Ancelotti shouldn't disrupt the squad that got us where we are too much - apart from those that never play of course. Keep Tosun until summer, get Zirkzee in - jettison Besic, Delph, Bolasie, Kean. Don't let Bernard go without a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.