Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we need 1-2 in to really push for any European place, unless we miraculously keep everyone fit once Allan and Dom come back - which isn’t happening
If Leicester pick up an injury or 2 they would also be severely weakened.
We are 3 points ahead with a game less played of Chelsea who look very average the last month or so as well.
Spurs can mix the good with the bad too
We will be in the mix until the last game for me anyway.

Spend some money and gamble on qualifying for Champions League or play it safe and settle on Europa ?

Running out of time to make a decision regardless
It's not really one or the other tho. There are 14 teams that are within 11 points off second place. 8 teams (9 if you don't villa with all their games in hand) with a realistic shot at top3 because they're within 6 points.

It's really "spend some money and gamble on qualifying for champions league or play it safe and maybe miss out on Europe entirely"

The way people are writing here, you'd think its a given that if we don't get someone in, then we will end up in 10th, and if we do get a couple of players in then we're challenging for Champs league places.

We could get a couple of people in who ruin the squad harmony and we end up in 10th. Getting the right people is paramount. might not happen in Jan.

The way people are writing here, you'd think its a given that if we don't get someone in, then we will end up in 10th, and if we do get a couple of players in then we're challenging for Champs league places.

We could get a couple of people in who ruin the squad harmony and we end up in 10th. Getting the right people is paramount. might not happen in Jan.
Absolutely. And if we get injuries to likes of Allan and dcl we will struggle . We will.
But if united lost Fernandes and Rashford, Leicester tielemans and vardy, spurs Kane and ndombele etc.. they would all struggle too .

If you think 16 players are leaving in the summer plus theo then I suggest you stay off the ale mate lol
You’ve got our squad players in there, without squad players whose getting picked when injuries and suspensions happen?

I'm not sure anyone is really coming in for Gomes for any serious money, given his wages and injury record. Davies you stand a chance with. I suppose there are enough priorities to move on before them though.

Jesus zat, that would leave us with no RB and 3 midfielders.

If we got rid of all those in the next two transfer windows theres no way we could replace them with quality it'd cost too much.

I agree with what your saying but we need a squad. We're looking at another 2 summers to get rid of all the dead wood and decent replacements in imo.

GK: Pickford / Olsen / Virginia
RB:
CB: Mina / Godfrey / Keane
CB: Branthwaite / Holgate
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
CM: Doucoure / Allan / Gbamin
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL
RF: James / Iwobi

It would leave us needing:

2×RB
3×CM
1×CF

We could probably get away with just 1 RB as both Holgate and Godfrey can play there.

So 16 players out with 5 replacements needed.

Bar Kean, Gomes and Davies all those players listed are either out of contract this or next summer so thats 13 players who we would not receive fees for unless we move them on.

The question really should be, how do we replace those 13 players (we would only need 5) with no transfer fees unless we sell them in the next 2 windows...

I think that people will expect this group of players to let us down at some point, which we have seen many times in the last few years....

No one can deny that if we replaced the Gomes/Davies/Gylf hole with an excellent alternative or two, that we would be far better off in our push for Europe. It is often like we a re a man down due to their lack of pace/effort/ability. I am not slagging them off, I like them all, but they could be replaced by better players

We would be mad not to use this one off, weird season, where even the better teams are very inconstant, not to lump on and push for CL. It will not be so easy next year for sure.

Understand perfectly your point, at the same time transfers are always a gamble no matter when they are done and the squad, repeat squad is so weak that if it’s not strengthened this month we are much more likely to finish well down the league because Injuries and suspensions will make this highly likely. I believe two or three players will come in,even on loan.

Ooh, when did that happen? A few people have

i agree we are in the mix with Leicester but Utd, city and RS are

I didn’t know that about 4th no longer being a qualifier. I can see us competing for that 4th spot but was wary of a repeat of the Colina/yellow submarine debarcle. It’s fascinating really, certainly exciting , as I’ve posted a few times I’d like a couple of loans with options.

I think the rule was changed a few seasons ago for the top 3 nations, England, Spain and Italy, it gave more of a closed shop, 12 teams out of the 32 are from these 3 leagues.

Eder Militao has been out of favour this season.

Time to rekindle our interest from before he signed for Madrid and slot him in as our new right back...

Have the same affect as Godfrey at LB.

Understand perfectly your point, at the same time transfers are always a gamble no matter when they are done and the squad, repeat squad is so weak that if it’s not strengthened this month we are much more likely to finish well down the league because Injuries and suspensions will make this highly likely. I believe two or three players will come in,even on loan.

Yeah I kind of agree with you, though I think perversely our injuries forced us to play defensively vs chelsea & leicester which actually helped out. But an injury to DCL & either James or Richarlison and we're up the creek, which I think was very clear from our last game.

I am all for loan with options to buy in the January window. I think it offers the best of both worlds, if the right fit appears to be available.

GK: Pickford / Olsen / Virginia
RB:
CB: Mina / Godfrey / Keane
CB: Branthwaite / Holgate
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
CM: Doucoure / Allan / Gbamin
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL
RF: James / Iwobi

It would leave us needing:

2×RB
3×CM
1×CF

We could probably get away with just 1 RB as both Holgate and Godfrey can play there.

So 16 players out with 5 replacements needed.

Bar Kean, Gomes and Davies all those players listed are either out of contract this or next summer so thats 13 players who we would not receive fees for unless we move them on.

The question really should be, how do we replace those 13 players (we would only need 5) with no transfer fees unless we sell them in the next 2 windows...

for all the use of about 8 of those 13 we could pick up some free transfers from the Southport & District Sunday league and I'm sure Sarce Cur (are they still in the Zingari?) might have one or two for a price.

Edit: just looked, they're not... but Frames FC are top... they'll do.

If Leicester pick up an injury or 2 they would also be severely weakened.
We are 3 points ahead with a game less played of Chelsea who look very average the last month or so as well.
Spurs can mix the good with the bad too
We will be in the mix until the last game for me anyway.

Hmm, well yeah, but at different stages this season they've had Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Pereira and Maddison all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.