Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 players need to be moved on...probably 16 if you include Kean.

Bolasie
Besic
Connolly
Bowler
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson
Gomes
Davies

The sooner we csn offload these chaps and bring in replacements the better.

We really need to move a handful on this window and the rest in the summer.
Gibson? Genuine question, very young for a CB probably on small wage shouldn't we be giving him another season at the very least? There's a few there that just have to stay for another year, to hard to replace all in the next 6 months but the new signs for some of the others should make them fringe squad players for another 18 months.

Bolasie
Besic
Connolly
Bowler
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson
Gomes
Davies

To be honest Zat, I think it is hugely optimistic to think we could move half of that lot in this window. Many clubs will be wondering if they will survive if they shift the season down, so I don’t think any club will be buying lots of players. If we would just moved on Besic, Delph and Bolasie I would consider this January window a huge success. But I have a feeling all those with splinters in there arses will just see out their contracts with us. :(

IF your selling 15, I count around 6 players we "rely" on currently that would need replacing.

Who would cost "a fortune" to replace?

To be honest Zat, I think it is hugely optimistic to think we could move half of that lot in this window. Many clubs will be wondering if they will survive if they shift the season down, so I don’t think any club will be buying lots of players. If we would just moved on Besic, Delph and Bolasie I would consider this January window a huge success. But I have a feeling all those with splinters in there arses will just see out their contracts with us. :(

I did write "a handful".

Id say Besic/Bolasie on loans if they want to play their way into a contract elsewhere next season.

Bernard to Roma
Lossl to MLS perhaps
Kenny to Burnley

Thats 5 before we look at the other 10

If there was ever a year to back a manager for champions league then this is it.
Is top 4 champions league, lose the qualifier and you’ve achieved zero.

I think the table is taking shape, Leicester, Liverpool, city and Utd starting to seriously crank. It’s a Europa spot, can’t see top 4 at all. And wouldn’t want to spend loads on potentially average players as that’s never worked (kean - no, Walcott - no, Tosun - no) for us. Got to show some patience unfortunately.
if you move two, I’ll be amazed for all of the reasons countlessly discussed here.

Bolasie - contract expires in the summer
Besic - contract expires in the summer
Connolly - contract expires in the summer
Bowler - contract expires in the summer
Siggurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson - contract expires in the summer
Gomes
Davies

Looks like we have 5 of these out of contract in the summer, but I would say only 2 of the 5 are pulling in a first team wage, Walcott leaves in the summer as well. Out of the rest; Tosun, Bernard, Kenny and Lossl have been linked with moves away this window. They may not go but at least there is some interest and if they don't go now, they should go in the summer.
I can't see siggurdsson going until his contract expires in 2022, probably to the MLS.
Delph is similar, he will be hanging round till his contract expires in 2022.
There have been no stories of Beningamie leaving for about a year, he will probably Be here till his contract expires as well in 2022.
I don't think Davies and Gomes will be going anywhere, even if we signed 2 new midfielders, they would still be in the squad. Coleman will be here for at least another season, if we get a RB in Coleman can do a season as back up while the new guy settles in.

So I think we can get 9 out the door, 10 if you include Kean, 11 if you include Walcott. Which is a huge amount of change. but we would need 5 players in; RB, 2 CF, RW, CM.

Is top 4 champions league, lose the qualifier and you’ve achieved zero.
I think the table is taking shape, Leicester, Liverpool, city and Utd starting to seriously crank. It’s a Europa spot, can’t see top 4 at all. And wouldn’t want to spend loads on potentially average players as that’s never worked (kean - no, Walcott - no, Tosun - no) for us. Got to show some patience unfortunately.

if you move two, I’ll be amazed for all of the reasons countlessly discussed here.

All 4 premier league teams go into the group stage of the champions league now, there is no knock out, regardless of the teams individual coefficient

Sad world in which we live in when the epitome of average josh king can ask for 120k a week!!!

I read that story as well, it said we are no longer interested and he is likely to go to Fulham. I could understand that, as for them he could keep them up and then it is worth it to them. For us we probably have to think, would he score the goals to get us champions league? Probably not, so do we want to sign another player on massive wages, that will be on the bench?

Bolasie
Besic
Connolly
Bowler
Sigurdsson
Bernard
Tosun
Delph
Coleman
Kenny
Lossl
Baningime
Gibson
Gomes
Davies

I'm not sure we will be able to get rid of all of them in 1 year mate.

I also think there is room for Davies, Gomes and probably Sigurdsson next season. They are squad men and are improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.