Everton. I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to fall out of love with your football team?

Heretofore that thought would never have occurred to me.

I had my heart broken a time or two in my younger days and thought at the time I could never love any other woman, one in particular.

But after a while I stopped thinking about her and eventually was able to be in her company without it setting my nerves on edge.....in fact we have remained good friends down the decades and occasionally go out as a foursome with our respective spouses.

In short....I fell out of love with her.

And I am sure most posters round these parts have fallen out of love with someone they never thought they would have.

But Everton.

Right now I hate everything about the club.

I hate Koeman, I hate his brother, I hate Moshiri, I hate half the players.

The only reason I don’t hate Bill is because I know him personally and he was always good company on the ESCLA trains in the last decades of the old century and he always paid the tax from the station up to whatever ground we were at oop north and because he often gave us comps for West End shows.

I will go on Sunday but I am not looking forward to it, it is almost like the way I used to dread going on a date with a girl friend I once liked but now did not want to see her but felt too gallant to bin off.

Happen I should address this post to Dear Abbey :(

Yours faithfully, Muddled in Melling.

I had my heart broken a time or two in my younger days and thought at the time I could never love any other woman, one in particular.

But after a while I stopped thinking about her and eventually was able to be in her company without it setting my nerves on edge.....in fact we have remained good friends down the decades and occasionally go out as a foursome with our respective spouses.

Call me an insatiable Greek, but no way are impure thoughts not going on in your head when these events take place. ;)

I am comforted by the belief that as we all love and hate Everton passionately, the enjoyment when good times eventually come back will be appreciated tenfold by our amazing supporters.

Everton you can keep slapping me in the face.You can keep letting me down.But i will always love you no matter what.;) This the club we love.We take the rough with the smooth.Even if it's been a lot more rough than smooth these past 22 years.But hey your either out or you are in.Being Evertonians is the vocation life decided for us isn't it?Would you have it any other way?Yeah i know.Me neither.

Call me an insatiable Greek, but no way are impure thoughts not going on in your head when these events take place. ;)

I am comforted by the belief that as we all love and hate Everton passionately, the enjoyment when good times eventually come back will be appreciated tenfold by our amazing supporters.

Indeed they do, Kith :cool:

Indeed they do.

IMO it is impossible to meet up with someone, even accidentally, with whom you have been intimate and not think of those times.

(the ones you remember anyway :pint2:)

But the difference is one says goodbye at the end of the evening, goes home and never has those impure thoughts again until one meets her the next time.

But when you are still in love with that woman, the thoughts of her, both pure and impure, they never leave you :)

Indeed they do.

IMO it is impossible to meet up with someone, even accidentally, with whom you have been intimate and not think of those times.

But the difference is one says goodbye at the end of the evening, goes home and never has those impure thoughts again until one meets her the next time.

But when you are still in love with that woman, the thoughts of her, both pure and impure, they never leave you :)
You minx

I'm feeling punch drunk right now ( nothing to do with the crowd trouble last night either)

The Big Dipper that is Everton has left me numb.

I'm not sure I can be bothered

Still...... Arsenal on Sunday?

Is it possible to fall out of love with your football team?

Heretofore that thought would never have occurred to me.

And I am sure most posters round these parts have fallen out of love with someone they never thought they would have.

But Everton.

Right now I hate everything about the club.

I hate Koeman, I hate his brother, I hate Moshiri, I hate half the players.

The only reason I don’t hate Bill is because I know him personally and he was always good company on the ESCLA trains in the last decades of the old century and he always paid the tax from the station up to whatever ground we were at oop north and because he often gave us comps for West End shows.

I will go on Sunday but I am not looking forward to it, it is almost like the way I used to dread going on a date with a girl friend I once liked but now did not want to see her but felt too gallant to bin off.

Happen I should address this post to Dear Abbey :(

Yours faithfully, Muddled in Melling.
We all still love you mate,xxx;)lol

Indeed they do.

A couple of fabulous postings you've made Khal. You are a man of very high EQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.