Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umbro is just a bit too Sports Direct-ish for me. May as well have Slazenger making the kit. Much preferred the Le Coq kits

In general clothing stuff I totally agree, I would n't be seen dead in it BUT, their kits are good and no one sees them as Sports DIrect level I don't think.

I like you fancied the umbro stuff reduced at the Asda .
Asked my daughter what she thought.
She just laughed.
Good luck getting fit.

Thanks, turns out I need it... to be fair I don't have any illusions that I'm rocking the state of the art in training gear, besides, If I'd forked out the extra for Nike there's a good chance my performance in the gym could have sank the company by this point. I reckon I may be entitled to an anti endorsement contract, under armour should pay me not to wear their gear...

I thought last seasons kit was horrendous myself. This years is fine. Umbro are kind of on the edge of what is acceptable for me. They are generally fine.

The manufacturer is a part of the colour though. I am not convinced Umbro get our colour right most seasons. We wear royal blue, not just any old blue.

As mentioned above people will generally buy more stuff with a bigger brand doing the kits, especially the training gear etc.

Sorry, I did mean this season. In my head season is over.

Im not all that convinced we would sell more with a different kit manufacturer, its all down to markeitng and we seem to market new kits quite well anyway. The campaigns for the last few season have been really good.

All though with our kitbag deal, extra sales would not see us make any extra money.

Its all a bit 'meh' to me really mate, we need to get it right on the pitch. We do that then all this wont be as importanat to people, imo though.

Where are they from?

Not sure but there’s loads of like Everton Designs social media accounts where clever people (and people with loads of spare time!) make up kits.

There’s an especially good one I found on Instagram. I’ll see if I can find them as work is winding me up today so happy to jib it for a bit.

Sorry, I did mean this season. In my head season is over.

Im not all that convinced we would sell more with a different kit manufacturer, its all down to markeitng and we seem to market new kits quite well anyway. The campaigns for the last few season have been really good.

All though with our kitbag deal, extra sales would not see us make any extra money.

Its all a bit 'meh' to me really mate, we need to get it right on the pitch. We do that then all this wont be as importanat to people, imo though.

No you are right, what happens on the pitch is the most important thing. Doesn't mean stuff like kits do not matter though as it is all part of the clubs identity.

Our timing of kit releases is appalling. We tend to release them really late so we miss out on people buying them for the summer etc. It seems to have improved somewhat recently though.

Status
Not open for further replies.