Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its classic being angry for the sake of being angry.

I like wearing brands, but im not 14 who wears a kit. So why care!?!

Do you not think a club should be marketed correctly and do you not see the knock on effect of that?

Of course it matters, the kit is one of the things people see first.

The clubs fans will generally buy the kit regardless (well the kids anyway, the adults may buy a shirt if it looks "smart") but even a nice kit can draw in new fans. I bought a bunch of Dortmund stuff in the 90's purely down to that iconic kit they had then I began to care about how they performed etc.

The kit is a marketing tool, not the only one, but a big part of the overall package. Everton should have classy kits because we are a classy club.

Do you not think a club should be marketed correctly and do you not see the knock on effect of that?

Of course it matters, the kit is one of the things people see first.

The clubs fans will generally buy the kit regardless (well the kids anyway, the adults may buy a shirt if it looks "smart") but even a nice kit can draw in new fans. I bought a bunch of Dortmund stuff in the 90's purely down to that iconic kit they had then I began to care about how they performed etc.

The kit is a marketing tool, not the only one, but a big part of the overall package. Everton should have classy kits because we are a classy club.

All that is great mate, so its about design, and how they look, last seasons was very nice.

Dortmunds colour is the draw....not the manufacturer.

I miss the cock. Sorry, 'Le coq'. Outside of that don't mind Umbro. Really don't see what's so special about Nike or Addidas footy kit wise.

All that is great mate, so its about design, and how they look, last seasons was very nice.

Dortmunds colour is the draw....not the manufacturer.

I thought last seasons kit was horrendous myself. This years is fine. Umbro are kind of on the edge of what is acceptable for me. They are generally fine.

The manufacturer is a part of the colour though. I am not convinced Umbro get our colour right most seasons. We wear royal blue, not just any old blue.

As mentioned above people will generally buy more stuff with a bigger brand doing the kits, especially the training gear etc.

The Asda sell umbro gear.

At the risk of blowing my street cred, it's really good value. I picked a load of it up in the sales for the new year resolution fitness drive and it seems decent enough to me. Also quite like a British brand that started in the north west supporting a local club. I get that it's not got the 'glamour' associated with Nike and adidas, but I got over that long ago.

At the risk of blowing my street cred, it's really good value. I picked a load of it up in the sales for the new year resolution fitness drive and it seems decent enough to me. Also quite like a British brand that started in the north west supporting a local club. I get that it's not got the 'glamour' associated with Nike and adidas, but I got over that long ago.
I like you fancied the umbro stuff reduced at the Asda .
Asked my daughter what she thought.
She just laughed.
Good luck getting fit.

Near enough every club has received more investment during Moshiri’s time here. The massive TV deal helps.

He said we were going to be building a team around: Stones, Lukaku and Barkley, yet none of them are still here. £138m in fees received from the three alone.

He spun us a load of crap that we were on the cusp of something great. He’s scaled back on pretty much everything now.

Bruh!! We have a spend of about +£170 million on transfers since he has been here and bought Bramley moore. Only proper cry arses could see that as scaling back.

Near enough every club has received more investment during Moshiri’s time here. The massive TV deal helps.

He said we were going to be building a team around: Stones, Lukaku and Barkley, yet none of them are still here. £138m in fees received from the three alone.

He spun us a load of crap that we were on the cusp of something great. He’s scaled back on pretty much everything now.

In the last 3 years only 4 clubs have spent more than us but ye, scaling back.

FFS, some of our fans have to cry no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.