Everton 1983-87,the glory years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One that always stands out for me Dario is the league cup game V Coventry,sure we were 1-0 down,Heath had gone off injured,Sharpy was playing with one leg and we won 2-1 very late on,round about 10k watching it and it sounded like ten times that in the last few minutes
Peter Reid came on in this game and made a big difference to the result, Kendall had not been selecting Peter, don't know why, I remember his brother getting on Radio Merseyside and complaining about it, Ian St. John was interviewing
him, and was right on the ball, he said to him " Reid from Huyton? are you related to Peter, he quickly replied " Yes I'm his brother. Once Peter got a regular game for us he never stopped getting picked and Everton were all the better for it.
I think Colin Harvey was appointed coach the day after this game and that also improved our results and the atmosphere around the club.

Peter Reid came on in this game and made a big difference to the result, Kendall had not been selecting Peter, don't know why, I remember his brother getting on Radio Merseyside and complaining about it, Ian St. John was interviewing
him, and was right on the ball, he said to him " Reid from Huyton? are you related to Peter, he quickly replied " Yes I'm his brother. Once Peter got a regular game for us he never stopped getting picked and Everton were all the better for it.
I think Colin Harvey was appointed coach the day after this game and that also improved our results and the atmosphere around the club.
Yeah I said in a later post Reidy coming swung the game,he had struggled a bit before then,I vaguely remember the radio interview

The Wakenshaw Man U game. 1-1 but someone, I think Wakenshaw or Rimmer maybe?, missed an absolute sitter at the Gwladys Street near the end.
I remember this game, wanted United to win, they still had a chance of stopping Liverpool from winning the league but we nearly beat them, was this the only game Wakenshaw played for Everton's first team: played once and scored, a bit like Ross Jack.

I was in the posh seats on a freebie spoke to Busby before the game told him we were going to stuff them that day he just blanked me.
So it was you throwing the cushions in the dark days.......lol
Reidy getting fit put us on the right track and inchy and sharpy gelling together it all just clicked - same team virtually found belief.......

For slightly different reasons - remember going to Norwich away in the early 80's. For some reason before the game it was suggested we go for a pint in the Norwich City supporters club, I remember thinking this could be a bit interesting :oops::oops::oops:. We walked through the door to find about two hundred Everton fans singing and shouting and about ten Norwich supporters sat in the corner just quietly watching what was going on!

Think we won 1-0, but even so it was a flippin long way back afterwards!

Norwich in the 80’s that train felt like it took days to get there , worth it that year to watch psycho score .

Status
Not open for further replies.