eVARton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we get lucky today? I wouldn't argue against it but we've had decades of dodgy refereeing decisions go against us in derbys so it's time the cry arseing, slimy RS lot got a taste of their own medicine.

I'm loving their anger and outrage right now. F them.

Not really.

The goal was offside by the letter of the law. VAR should be scrapped, but that's by the by. Whilst it's here, that was offside.

The Pickford tackle on Van Dijk, it was offside, so play is dead at that point.

Richarlison's sending off you could argue we were actually unlucky because the game had been stopped before that tackle landed, and it was debatably just a yellow at most.

Then you could argue we were unlucky because Mané could have been sent off for a high reckless tackle on Digne and Robertson could have been sent off for his kick out on Rodriguez.

Not really.

The goal was offside by the letter of the law. VAR should be scrapped, but that's by the by. Whilst it's here, that was offside.

The Pickford tackle on Van Dijk, it was offside, so play is dead at that point.

Richarlison's sending off you could argue we were actually unlucky because the game had been stopped before that tackle landed, and it was debatably just a yellow at most.

Then you could argue we were unlucky because Mané could have been sent off for a high reckless tackle on Digne and Robertson could have been sent off for his kick out on Rodriguez.

In the real world though, Pickford’s was a red and makes no difference about the offside.

But, we normally get screwed over, so deserve about ten years of fortunate calls.

In the real world though, Pickford’s was a red and makes no difference about the offside.

But, we normally get screwed over, so deserve about ten years of fortunate calls.

It's arguable. It's a penalty, definitely, but it's arguably a yellow and a penalty, not a red. Because play is dead, the penalty isn't given.

It's probably a red, but then Richarlison's is a yellow for me, so it evens out.

Were we excessively fortunate today? No.

In the real world it’s not a red card. Offside does come into it. It was deemed serious foul play and therefore no red. If it was violent conduct, which it wasn’t, it would’ve been a red.

At the end of the day both of the VAR offsides were the correct call. Very close, certainly but still offside. That's the rules and the technology is there. They weren't robbed. We would have been robbed if two decisions went against us.

Mane and Robertson could have easily seen red for blatant $hitou$ery and VVd started off by clattering into players without consequence.

We are starting to worry them and they can't handle it.

Didn’t Michale Owen leave his mark on Weir in a derby as well that went unpunished, and this is just fouls I’m talking about, what about the blatant penalty from carragher on lescott.... all conviently forgotten about I suppose

In the real world it’s not a red card. Offside does come into it. It was deemed serious foul play and therefore no red. If it was violent conduct, which it wasn’t, it would’ve been a red.

It was a reckless red card challenge, offside or not. Other way around and you’d want a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.