Europa League do we want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we challenge on all fronts. The league....the fa cup....the league cup... And the Europa cup. Not imo with this squad. But I still want us to try. To rotate. To compete. To try and win something.
We are not going to win much by taking the approach that we don't want to enter in the first place.
So for me it's premier league safety first. Get points on board . Then see what we can do. get as high up the league as we can.
Then get through the early rounds of the cups. By using the squad. By rotating. And if we do get to the business end of any of these cups then go flat out to try and win one of them. Let's win some football matches.

I always hated how tamely we have exited certain cups.
Why enter in the first place if we then lie down and get beat......

So yes......I would love to see us get into the Europa league. And I would also like to see Ancelotti build a squad that can compete on all fronts. Get our squad fit and fighting to be able to compete on all fronts..
You get nothing handed to you in this game. We need to be brave. We need to be competing. Not just making up the numbers....
It's time this club won something . So enter everything and let's see were we get to......Up The Toffees.....

We arent ready for europe next season. Imagine we go to extra time and a commentator having to say "off comes Gomes and on comes Tom Davies, will he make the difference here" :hayee::hayee:

Europe, yes please. Games are not as full on as the EPL, so our pedestrian midfield should cope.

You can tell from my avatar that I am pro-Europe in all its manifestations.

My old man always against it, says if you're not in the Champions League then don't bother with Europe as it's just a hindrance. Has a team ever had a strong league finish during a season of playing in the Europa League? Not sure. I quite like it though either way, European nights are class and if you go the whole way there's a big reward.

By the way.......I'm a dreamer. I want Everton to win everything........anything.
Europa league football would mean playing two matches a week for a while.
Could we not cope with that. And if not ......then why not.
Are our players the only players that get tired after playing one match a week. Some of our players looked shattered the other night . And that was after a three month break.
They need to get fit. Ancelotti needs to get them fit.
Get the squad fit. Get on board a few decent acquisitions. Get proper competition for all positions.
And let's give everything a proper go. Fortune favours the brave......And all that cobblers. Up The Toffees.........Ancelotti's fighting fit Toffees.....

By the way.......I'm a dreamer. I want Everton to win everything........anything.
Europa league football would mean playing two matches a week for a while.
Could we not cope with that. And if not ......then why not.
Are our players the only players that get tired after playing one match a week. Some of our players looked shattered the other night . And that was after a three month break.
They need to get fit. Ancelotti needs to get them fit.
Get the squad fit. Get on board a few decent acquisitions. Get proper competition for all positions.
And let's give everything a proper go. Fortune favours the brave......And all that cobblers. Up The Toffees.........Ancelotti's fighting fit Toffees.....
Would be 2 matches a week every week next season and we can barely do it on the odd occasion.
We can’t do because the squad is awful

My old man always against it, says if you're not in the Champions League then don't bother with Europe as it's just a hindrance. Has a team ever had a strong league finish during a season of playing in the Europa League? Not sure. I quite like it though either way, European nights are class and if you go the whole way there's a big reward.

United were 2nd and won it with Mourinho, no?

I think progress has to be the aim at all times, and consistently qualifying for Europe is progress. I want to win something now more than ever we need real direction , management and progress on the pitch. I would welcome Europe and whatever challenge it brings!

No don't want it.

Next season will be a perfect chance for a team to take a run at the top 4 and cups without the extra games.

I want that to be us.

Status
Not open for further replies.