Engerlaar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said on many occasions that I respect Kuyt and his work rate. I have also said on many occasions that his style of play would suit us more than the RS.

He would never work in the same team as AJ as they are too alike. work rate over finishing is both of their styles.

/ducks

Kuyt's scored more goals than him over the past two years despite playing alot of the time on the wings. There's not much between them in my opinion.

Kuyt definatly has more to his game. He's stronger, tehnically better and works harder. Both are very average players in my opinion.

AJ works harder i feel but they are both workhorses.

Technically better and stronger but AJ keeps defenders on their toes and forces them into making mistakes.

Both are decent players, i agree,

AJ works harder i feel but they are both workhorses.

Technically better and stronger but AJ keeps defenders on their toes and forces them into making mistakes.

Both are decent players, i agree,

To be honest I'm not taking anything away from AJ's workrate but I don't think he works harder than Kuyt. I've seriously never seen anyone go through the amount of work Kuyt does in a game. AJ is a workhorse whereas Kuyt is a freak.

Agreed I do think there both decent players. I'm not a big fan of either but I wouldn't call either [Poor language removed].

I think Engerlaar, looked a good player, i was similarly impressed by Da Jong i wouldnt mind either!

Not a big Kuyt fan, defo not worth 12mill if you compare him to the Yak, or a lesser extent Berbatov, Santa Cruz, Adebyhor etc who all cost less, so form that perspective, hes a failure, i want to openly admit to being bias also!

It’s very hard to judge defensive midfielders in Euro 2008 in my opinion. Everything about it is different to the Premier League and certain players have to adapt to suit the slower pace.

I couldn't really have a good look at Engelaar's defensive qualities because it’s all about backing off, intercepting and lots of players have time and space on the ball. In England it’s fast and ferocious. There’s alot more closing down and tackling in general.

It’s very hard to judge defensive midfielders in Euro 2008 in my opinion. Everything about it is different to the Premier League and certain players have to adapt to suit the slower pace.

I couldn't really have a good look at Engelaar's defensive qualities because it’s all about backing off, intercepting and lots of players have time and space on the ball. In England it’s fast and ferocious. There’s alot more closing down and tackling in general.

Thats a great point mate!

Yeah agree with that 100%

Engelaar impressed in a holding role for the Dutch before Marco van Basten's side lost to Russia in Saturday's quarter-final.
The 28-year-old is looking to leave Twente over the summer and has already agreed personal terms to join former coach Fred Rutten at Schalke.
However, the two clubs have yet to agree a fee and the Toffees and Magpies are monitoring the situation.
The player is looking to hold talks about his future this week and hopes Twente will not reverse their decision to allow him to leave.
"I want there to be clarity," Engelaar told RTV Oost. "And that will come this week. I think it will go okay, I do hope so.
"I won't play at Twente with anger in my body, I am not like that, but somewhere different is nice.
"I just want to make the move and we have made clear agreements about that with Twente. It would be a pity if they don't want to keep to that now."

So we should find out this week were he'll play next season.

To all the Kuyt lovers...the guys not a freak. Hes not to be repesected.

After he never got sent in the derby after that tackle, he's a total scumbag.

Harsh but fair.

From what Ive seen of this guy at the Euros hes looks pretty decent, I like the way he comes to receive the ball and acts as a ball carrier when in possession. For the right place I think he could be a good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.