2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Gray and Doucoure almost ending up in the net for his goal, busting a gut to get on the end of it if Kepa had parried it out. Great to see that.

I’d reward Simms with a start v Spurs, why not, he’ll be on an absolute high and could be a handful if he can produce any more moments like that

Like a new signing!

Without discrediting the lad, I think he has been good at Sunderland with 7 goals and 2 assists in 17 games which is nothing to be embarrassed about given we have been linked to Coventry's Gyokeres who has 12 goals in 24 and they want a reported £20m.

He is only 21 and has worked hard to gain the experience to become a first teamer at Everton by going on loan to Sunderland, Hearts and Blackpool respectively.

I thought it was stupid to allow him to go out on loan given our lack of forward signings and I know it screams desperation recalling him but we are.

I just think it's unfair to add to the extra pressure to make out he is the problem and not the board for spending on our frontline which to me screams that they don't see Lampard longterm.

Anyway best of luck Ellis and SACK THE BOARD.
Have a like for the avatar, the first post might be worth it but I'm a tad busy...

Love Gray and Doucoure almost ending up in the net for his goal, busting a gut to get on the end of it if Kepa had parried it out. Great to see that.

I’d reward Simms with a start v Spurs, why not, he’ll be on an absolute high and could be a handful if he can produce any more moments like that
Brilliant striker. Always knew it. Haarland will be out of the news soon.

Simms has to push on now, he is old enough , had enough first team experience with other teams and is certainly big and strong enough.

We sometimes see a young player do well for a brief period and then disappear, it is up to him now to make sure that doesn't happen.

👀

You're meant to let other people vault your bad takes not yourself.

Only Simms could score that goal is a really bad take.

The lad has scored 1 goal in 5 years for this club, yet he's been elevated above Lukaku, Messi and Dixie Dean.
"Why hasn't Simms scored more if he's so good?" he actually asks as we send him on loan and spend 15m in actual currency for Neal Maupay

No change for Spurs for me. You throw this lad straight in after his goal, bang - goes that pressure and sudden expectancy given our predicament, it will end up doing the lad no good. He should be gradually eased in like the Chelsea game.
He's scored a great goal for us but he isn't suddenly our new saviour yet. And the last thing he needs is that tag getting thrust around his neck...

We have to trust that Dyche will use him accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.