2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, old man Goat is yelling at clouds again

Get back to watching Countdown whilst enjoying a Worther's Original and leave the young player alone
Oh look, Mikey is showing unwavering support for yet enough young player, who potentially might not make it.
"Why hasn't Simms scored more if he's so good?" he actually asks as we send him on loan and spend 15m in actual currency for Neal Maupay
Ive said, countless times, it was a great goal and I would certainly give him more game time based on that goal.

But 1 goal in 5 years does not a Bobby L make.

Gray and Simms both appear to be ahead of Maupay and rightly so. Maupay will be flogged in the summer to Sheffield United or someone.

Cleverly, Maupay has been put on a long contract and is the next Tosun, Walcott, Gbamin, etc etc...btw are any of those 3 still owned by us ? lol

No change for Spurs for me. You throw this lad straight in after his goal, bang - goes that pressure and sudden expectancy given our predicament, it will end up doing the lad no good. He should be gradually eased in like the Chelsea game.
He's scored a great goal for us but he isn't suddenly our new saviour yet. And the last thing he needs is that tag getting thrust around his neck...

We have to trust that Dyche will use him accordingly
Spot on. No reason to change as Gray is doing a decent job of it and Simms can be given a chance later on in the game. I can't see Dyche throwing him in for this game.

Better than rubbing my hands waiting to POUNCE if they don't have a good game
But thats not what ive done.

I have stated numerous times that it was a great goal and I personally feel we should give him a run, see if hes got anything in his locker.

Giving him 5/10mins doesnt answer any questions, hes 22 years old now, its time.

You are under the illusion that I dont like young players, I dont mind young players with talent, who show something, but I am not wasting my energy supporting young players whos future will be played in League Two and not for Everton.

But thats not what ive done.

I have stated numerous times that it was a great goal and I personally feel we should give him a run, see if hes got anything in his locker.

Giving him 5/10mins doesnt answer any questions, hes 22 years old now, its time.

You are under the illusion that I dont like young players, I dont mind young players with talent, who show something, but I am not wasting my energy supporting young players whos future will be played in League Two and not for Everton.

You don't know a player's future years in advance, which is why writing them off early doors is folly

Folly I say

FOLLY

F-O-L-L-Y

You don't know a player's future years in advance, which is why writing them off early doors is folly

Folly I say

FOLLY

F-O-L-L-Y
Never wrote Simms off based on his talent, ive never even watched him play bar for us.

He had a stinker v Liverpool, dont recall digging him out over that.

A great goal the other night and I personally would give him an extended run in the side if Dom is going to be missing.

Ive backed Davies, Dom, Holgate all at times, John Stones when he was here, I support young players with talent.

I do recall saying Kieran Dowell and Ant Gordon were utter pony, wheres my praise for that, huh?

Oh look, Mikey is showing unwavering support for yet enough young player, who potentially might not make it.

Ive said, countless times, it was a great goal and I would certainly give him more game time based on that goal.

But 1 goal in 5 years does not a Bobby L make.
A good example as he scored 8 in 33 his age 22 season. Let's maybe give Ellis proper time and then judge him? To this point he's scored goals when he's played at every level.

Status
Not open for further replies.