2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team as a whole doing well; nice to have some impact from the bench.

Well done Simms but I wouldn't be ready to give him a start - stick with the team but bring back Micky at LB

All i can say is that Dom would not have scored that goal today. He would have either lost the ball, hit it wide or straight at the goalie. Simms has the natural strength and ability, just needs a run of games to build up his confidence and experience and the lad will probably do ok.
Only Simms could score that goal is a really bad take.

The lad has scored 1 goal in 5 years for this club, yet he's been elevated above Lukaku, Messi and Dixie Dean.

West Ham game. Keane hall over the top, brought down by Dominic Calvert-Lewin outside the area and half volleyed past the keeper. Great when fans have zero idea what they are talking about and just want to take any chance they can to have a dig at a player.
I remember that one now as well! Cracking hit!

Because we hung him out to dry vs the RS or? lol

He was a bit lost when he came on v Villa aswell. One header from about 15 yards that ended up near the corner flag. Score was only 0-1 at time so not like it was game over.

That said a 1-1 type game with 20 minutes left at home to a Fulham or Newcastle in the run in and he'd certainly be on before Maupay so that's how he should be used.

Dom is a really poor striker of a football (‘remember that goal 5 years ago at Cardiff’ doesn’t cut it tbh), people are just comparing Simms with him, which is fine given they are both vying for the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.