2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor goalkeeping but great strength and speed to get the the shot away and lovely lay off by the Duke, fair play to the lad delighted for him and a great point to get...now let's do the spuds at home!!

I don’t care at all, goal’s a goal, I just said the keeper had a mare that’s all.
The movement, touch, positioning and strength of shot by Simms should all be commended, but you're right - Chelsea won't be happy with Kepa's save.

Without all of the above, we'd have never had an opportunity on goal, but in reality the keeper should have done better.

The movement, touch, positioning and strength of shot by Simms should all be commended, but you're right - Chelsea won't be happy with Kepa's save.

Without all of the above, we'd have never had an opportunity on goal, but in reality the keeper should have done better.
Chelsea haven't been happy with Kepa or Mendy for about a year to be honest. Paper hands and mistakes for the most part of the last 12 months.

That said - it was a good, strong, low shot. This type of shot gets past the keeper half the time anyway, regardless of who he is.

I think we all know what simms has got and hasn’t got currently ! Just listening to dyche on him after match saying he’d been to see him last week and asked what does he need to do for more minutes? he said to him what do you think ? and he gave him 4 things and he said you’re right go and do it then ! Haha ! dyche could be the making of simms ! Simms with a Rooney attitude would be brilliant!

I think we all know what simms has got and hasn’t got currently ! Just listening to dyche on him after match saying he’d been to see him last week and asked what does he need to do for more minutes? he said to him what do you think ? and he gave him 4 things and he said you’re right go and do it then ! Haha ! dyche could be the making of simms ! Simms with a Rooney attitude would be brilliant!
I think it’s good management on the part of Dyche. The fact he is engaging with Simms and has played him in some cameo roles says to me he thinks the lad has ability but requires more application. I still think he will use him off the bench. But who knows he may give him his 1st start at Goodison if he applies himself well at training.

Status
Not open for further replies.