2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was literally a Lukaku goal. Outmuscled his defender made look silly cut in and struck. Not the best goalkeeping but Simms is smart keeping it low and giving himself a chance. He is a natural finisher- nobody doubts that part of his game. It is everything else. Great goal

Just also want to say, Dyche was getting pelters for his subs, just before the Simms goal. Reason we’re all keyboard warriors and he’s picking up the best part of 5 mill a year.
I mean this same sub was obvious in the last few games and it never happened or he put Maupay up top, which is also something that was close to happening again today.

Glad 5 mil a year means he makes the logical decision once a month.

Exactly the type of goal he scored in his youth career. Don’t expect him to win balls in the air up to him or to hold the ball up well (yet), but put him in 1 on 1 he is the best finisher we’ve had since Rom (hardly any competition though).

It was awful keeping Mikey, awful. If that was Pickford we’d be talking about it for a week.

Yep and the good thing about hitting it close to Kepa was that he wasn't as a set as he should be. I bet if he hit that clean and wide of Kepa, he would have had a touch around the post.

The bigger positive was Gray and Doucoure following up just in case.

In Simms credit it’s a goal that gives me hope. I want to see more individual goals from the guys on our team (not named Gray).. Sometimes you really need them in games like these. Proved to be what got us the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.