Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is a pure goalscorer and nothing else the team will have to play a certain way. If he had been a little older I would have loved to have seen him play in the same team as Sigurdsson who will always create chances for that type of striker. Unfortunately by the time he is first team ready I suspect Sigurdsson will be finished. Him and Gordon in the U23s will be interesting as last season the success was based in being strong defensively next season we should be looking for more goals and if he's good enough he should be the man to do it.

Yep I have watched him a couple of times, the u/23 games looked hard for him, I know he is only a kid but I'm looking for things other than goals, like you mentioned before mate, maybe that will come we will have to wait and see.
I’m pinning my faith on our coaches to get the best out of him, you have to say they did a great job on improving his weaknesses this season. The style of play at u18 where the ball was played through to him early suited his strengths, he was never really asked to hold the ball up , play in others etc, so he rarely made assists.
In the relatively few minutes he got at U23s he was asked to play a different type of game and didn’t shine, the whole U23s ethos is built of not letting in goals, not scoring them. Hornby was successfully coached to hold the ball up and use his strength while laying the ball off so I don’t see a problem in Simms being coached that way. But both Hornby and Sambou have lacked the killer instinct to put away chances this season. I guess I’m saying that if he can transfer even half of his goalscoring skills up to U23s level next season , a much harder league to play in, then I believe the other aspects he’s missing are easier to coach . As you say , we will have to wait and see.

Marco Silva's first-team plans for Everton wonderkid
Everton are refusing to loan out their latest teenage goal sensation who has been included in their pre-season plans.
Ellis Simms, 18, signed his first professional contract last month after bagging a staggering 46 goals in all competitions last term.
The striker was prolific for the U18s and U23s and has been told he will go on the club’s first team tour to Kenya next month.
Simms has also been told to expect to be in and around the first team ahead of a likely debut this coming season.
It will frustrate a number of EFL clubs who had been hoping to snap up Simms on loan.
But Everton, for whom Wayne Rooney broke in as a teenager in 2002, want to nurture Simms themselves.

Everton are refusing to loan out their latest teenage goal sensation who has been included in their pre-season plans.
Ellis Simms, 18, signed his first professional contract last month after bagging a staggering 46 goals in all competitions last term.
The striker was prolific for the U18s and U23s and has been told he will go on the club’s first team tour to Kenya next month.
Simms has also been told to expect to be in and around the first team ahead of a likely debut this coming season.
It will frustrate a number of EFL clubs who had been hoping to snap up Simms on loan.
But Everton, for whom Wayne Rooney broke in as a teenager in 2002, want to nurture Simms themselves.
whaaaaaaaaaat?

Good news this! The more the top youth players get a shot the more we attract top youth players... Was kind of hoping Josh Bowler would get a shot at being that left footed right winger when needed too but think he'll go on loan

My guess is he ends up on loan anyway but the idea of at least introducing are best youngsters to the first team set up isn't a bad one.

Most seasons a lot of the u23’s feature in pre-season and then end up on loan.
The experience of being around the first team will be invaluable, If he ends up on loan it will be important to choose the team wisely.

Where is this from?

Status
Not open for further replies.