Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d give him a 10-20 cameo considering the situation we are in. It’s as dead duck a game as you can get, so there is no harm in rewarding him a little for the contract.

Would be happy to see Simms on the bench given the game is irrelevant but would be a bit harsh on Hornby as you say, and Sambou too
Woukd be harsh but think Simms is the ones to watch. Not sure sambou is ever gonna make it at this level anyway isnt he about 22 now?

Simms Eager To Progress After Signing Everton Pro Deal

ae6cd636055b4a0a90f2a919e2045a21.jpg

25 May 2019 12:00

Ellis Simms wants to keep scoring goals and progressing his all-round game at Everton after signing his first professional contract with the Club.

The 18-year-old striker has been rewarded for an outstanding season for the Blues’ Under-18s – which saw him score 46 goals in all competitions – with a professional deal as he looks to make the step up to David Unsworth’s double-winning Under-23s in 2019-20.

Simms joined Everton Academy aged 16 and the powerful forward believes the Club’s proven track record for developing young talent gives him the ideal platform to push on.

“It means a lot to me to sign this contract,” said Simms. “It’s what I’ve been aiming to do since I was a kid – sign my first professional deal – so I’m really happy.

“My target now is to just keep going, keep scoring goals and keep working on the areas of my game that I need to work on, and keep progressing.

“Hopefully I can continue to do that at the next step, which is the Under-23s. It’s going to be quite hard to top the season they’ve just had but hopefully I can play my part and ensure there’s more good things to come.”

Simms added: “Seeing the pathway from the Academy through to the first team shows that this Club can progress players.

“You know if you keep doing the right things you will get a chance, then it’s down to you to take it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.