Ellis Simms stepping up in place of Kean?

Would You Have Simms Step Up This Season?

• Yes. He plays well at youth level and I think he's ready

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • No. Too soon for him. Sign a replacement instead

Votes: 103 28.9%
  • Maybe. Give him some minutes off the bench but still sign someone as well

Votes: 176 49.4%
  • Cheesy Garlic Bread

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know anything about Simms. I hope he's a good un and will come through and for that he needs a chance. I wouldn't be gambling on a youth player to perform match in, match out if DCL or Richarlison were not available up front. So I'd be getting someone in that can do the job - probably pricey, but that's what the market dictates.

Kean unless he sorts himself out pronto will run out of time very quickly here. If he's loaned out, then it may well be the best outcome for all involved.

Given the start we've had, it would be foolish to go into the first half of the season thin at any position. Promoting someone from the U23s as cover without an excellent reason qualifies as "thin" in my book.

We've sorted our most pressing needs, but we now need a striker for cover along with a goalkeeper that can at least contest Pickford for the position. Going Everloan on those for now would be fine.

I've been at a few of the U23 games so far this season, still unsure if he's ready. Of the kids Onyango is the one with the biggest chance of making the first team eventually IMO.

It's ridiculous to see so many people backing Kean and he should be given a run of games but dismiss Simms as being too young even though Simms is less than a year younger than Kean. Surely if Kean can have potential at 19 then so can Simms.

Personally I've never seen him play so I can't comment on whether he's ready or not but if he's training with the first team, Carlo will certainly see when he's ready.

It's ridiculous to see so many people backing Kean and he should be given a run of games but dismiss Simms as being too young even though Simms is less than a year younger than Kean. Surely if Kean can have potential at 19 then so can Simms.

Personally I've never seen him play so I can't comment on whether he's ready or not but if he's training with the first team, Carlo will certainly see when he's ready.

Because Kean has played 66 games in the top division and has 5 full Italy caps. Ellis Simms hasn't even made his senior debut :confused:

I think we should give him a try if not only to show there is a route through to the first team for future young strikers, loans for a striker don’t work imo as they don’t get the same service

Status
Not open for further replies.