Ellis Simms stepping up in place of Kean?

Would You Have Simms Step Up This Season?

• Yes. He plays well at youth level and I think he's ready

Votes: 41 11.5%
  • No. Too soon for him. Sign a replacement instead

Votes: 103 28.9%
  • Maybe. Give him some minutes off the bench but still sign someone as well

Votes: 176 49.4%
  • Cheesy Garlic Bread

Votes: 36 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we are really serious about pushing top 4 we need a ready made replacement, either now or in Jan
A ready made replacement for someone that looks disinterested and unhappy? Think I'd rather give a young player that's hungry to succeed?

A ready made replacement for someone that looks disinterested and unhappy? Think I'd rather give a young player that's hungry to succeed?
I meant in terms of a replacement for DCL if he were unavailable, i'd rather we win than a young player coming in just to get minutes

He has played exactly 0 minutes for the first team under ancelotti.

I'm sure if you asked him who he was he would reply who?

Need to stop with this pluck a name from the academy as a replacement nonsense. The manager has the best perspective here.

Reason why Gordon is in first team squad and Simms isnt.

What do we think Blues?

If Kean is off then we either need to sign a new attacker or promote from within

How would you feel about Simms getting the gig?
I would have no problem with him stepping up personally, but the fact he hasn’t featured up to now suggests that the management don’t see him as an immediate option.
The fact he is (I think) still part of the first team squad bode well for his future, but not this season I feel.
Hopefully he will enjoy some game time as the season progresses.

Only the coaching staff can really answer that.

Personally I think we'll be looking a bit short if another striker isn't brought in. Would seem really strange to let Kean go and not have at least a like-for-like lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.