Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Other existing squad member

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • None of the above - sign a leader

Votes: 21 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have Godfrey: Put him in place of Digne . Digne is finished. Get Allan back asap. Last week we were
kicked off the pitch against Newcastle all our players were like Big Girls. Get Godfrey & Allan together and
let's have a bit of bite.
Pack it in.

Keane.

I voted for Keane although I would have some reservations.

Allan would be the natural leader in that group but sadly I'm not sure how much we will be able to rely on his availability.

In the longer-term, I think Godfrey will command that role. He will lead by example and the other players see that.

Pretty simple: who's your choice to take over as Captain for the 2021/22 season? Seamus is no longer a guaranteed starting XI player so it's time for a fresh face.
Keane is No. 5, traditionally he should get the job...but Ratcliffe wore 4 so a centre back of some description, historically as far as I go back 4s, 5s & 6s seem popular, with the odd 10 or 8
Holgate doesn't seem to take no sh...over that wall for you firmino
So I went with him.
But.
More important are the captains sans armbands, because armband alone does not a Capt. make.
Your Bobby Collins, Tony Kay, West, Kendall, Southall, Reid, Gray...and after that I'm struggling to name names...Speed...
There in lies the problem - lack of natural leaders.

It's a tough one. They need to be playing most of the time and they need a good grasp of English. Keane's the obvious choice from what we have available but given his previous mental frailties I suspect that the extra pressure could be damaging. I guess this is why Carlo gets the big bucks.

I initially couldn't believe the votes for the mental midget Keane, but looking at the squad I can sort of see why now - there's pretty much nobody else except for Digne, who gets it by default for me.

Allan.

But he needs to stay fit for the remainder of the season.

He's a leader and we need that type of player on the pitch as much as possible.

Allan should be the pick, he already lets the players know if they’re not doing enough.

2-3 years of mentoring Godfrey/Holgate and we’re alright there. We badly miss Allans energy and tenacity on the pitch.

would be tempted to give it Godfrey and just say there you are lad, go lead us, go be our main man for years

Keane not vocal enough and I'd hope by next year it's Holgate and Godfrey at cb with some absolute flyer at right back

I'd make James the captain. He should be the face of the club and his captaincy would be based on his moral authority to lead the side through the example he sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.