El Costa Ricano Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what ive seen so far im not overly impressed with him at all.

Not sure if we paid £1m or £5m for his services but I hope it was in the lower region.

He needs time to bed no doubt and hasnt been played in his main position. However I expected him to be stronger snd more direct.... He seems to be a tippy toey type of player snd not direct enough

How can you judge a player given what little time he has had on the pitch?

How can you judge a player given what little time he has had on the pitch?

Hes played a few cameo roles and he hasnt impressed me, hes had a few minutes recently.

Where as Super Kev Mirallas impressed me from the moment he put his foot on the ball.

Thats what im saying.

Ive been impressed with the lad, did well when given a chance against Norwich, and only gets the odd 15 minutes here and there.

He's got pace, can beat a man, plus he can play anywhere down the left

He's young, lets give him a chance

Oviedo Babyyyyy

As good as Moyes is as a manager and at having an eye for a good signing, I still think he has certain flaws in his managerial ability. Making substitutions is one of them and so is his mentality against the big sides away from home.

Moyes has a tendency to stick with hard working players at the expense of more technical players as he likes to have protection at the back. This is why he opts for Naismith over Oviedo. I think Naismith will be a decent squad player who will do well behind the striker for the last 15/20 minutes. If I had a choice between Oviedo or Naismith on the wing, I would have Oviedo every time.

Oviedo has blistering pace and if he is given a decent run in the team and is allowed to play longer than 15 minutes each game, I think he will show his quality. I'm actually getting a bit tired of seeing Naismith run around and not do a lot in these games.

Oviedo hasn't been able to show what he can do fully because he hasn't been given enough of a chance by Moyes. When he does, he will be a good player and alot better than Naismith on the wing.

He's been better than expected for me as I was really expecting nothing from him this year. Usually Central-South Americans take at least a season to adjust. Its not just the style of footie played in the prem, its adjusting to a new language and a new country/culture half a world away. Guys like Valencia and Palacios didn't become worth 8 figures overnight. Even world class players like Tevez took a while to adjust here.

The team we signed him from say it was closer to 1.5 million.

I believe them, you wouldn't spend 6 million on a left back who barely starts in Norway?
I'm with you on that. I think he was rumoured to be around 1.5 but was reported, mainly by sky as 5 million for some reason.

He looks sound to me, skills and pace. With time he could become real good. Just a pity he isn't a right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.