El Costa Ricano Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure he will prove decent in time but he was well off the pace tonight, lazy passes, lost possession a lot.

Not suited to the RW. Him and Pienaar should have swapped. Arsenal had the Baines / Pienaar combo closed down and he was doing very little on the RW.

Anyway, call that a beard?

After all the excitement surrounding our signings, only Mirallas has really shown he's quality, and he's always injured FFS. Naismith, Oviedo, and Hitz all look a bit off the pace. Thought that of Oviedo before we even signed him just from watching Costa Rica play. He's technically there, but I don't think his mind works fast enough to keep up in the prem. Sure hope I'm wrong. We need some quality depth.

After all the excitement surrounding our signings, only Mirallas has really shown he's quality, and he's always injured FFS. Naismith, Oviedo, and Hitz all look a bit off the pace. Thought that of Oviedo before we even signed him just from watching Costa Rica play. He's technically there, but I don't think his mind works fast enough to keep up in the prem. Sure hope I'm wrong. We need some quality depth.

Harsh. IMO he will be a good player for us. Maybe not great, but good.

Big difference when he came on, him and Hibbert still gave the ball away but they closed down immidiately when they did and for the most part got it back. Naismith looks really lost in our own half by comparison.

Don't think Oviedo's style is suited to cutting in like our other wingers do, his seems a more direct play. Think Valencia instead of Bale. Still got a bit to go, but he'll settle, showed signs vs Norwich when he got to play where I think he will do the best work. Good alternative for Pienaar and should be good backup for if Baines needs resting (either in front of Distin, as we'd still get the same width, or in the left back role if Moyes is feeling confident). Only 22 which is good news, looks a good signing so far.

Thought he had a good game, one stray pass and caught out of position a couple of times. It was a good game of football and he came on, did ok, and followed up his good performance against Norwich. I agree about his potential..... good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.