El Costa Ricano Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been on the Mirallas thread and someone said we need him on the right. I think he's better on the left, but I'd like to see Oviedo used more and he's definitely a left sided player. Can we ever have them in together? I suppose Oviedo could play left back if Bainsey was out injured, but apart from that?

It's subjective, isn't it? It depends on what you class as a better 'footballer'. Drenthe had some lovely tricks, as does Oviedo. Drenthe could beat his man, Oviedo can. Drenthe didn't know when to pass, Ovideo does. Drenthe played for himself, Oviedo doesn't.

**** it, Drenthe can't hold a candle to Bryan...

.... Drenthe could win a game with one strike..... Drenthe always looked to go direct. How can anyone say Oviedo is a "better" player than Drenthe at this stage. Its very doubtful from what Ive seen.

Get the tinted glasses off lads

It's subjective, isn't it? It depends on what you class as a better 'footballer'. Drenthe had some lovely tricks, as does Oviedo. Drenthe could beat his man, Oviedo can. Drenthe didn't know when to pass, Ovideo does. Drenthe played for himself, Oviedo doesn't.

**** it, Drenthe can't hold a candle to Bryan...

drenthe has bags more talent but as mentioned hes a [Poor language removed].

Good little ball player. Drenthe had more talent in his little finger though, imo. I'd take Bryan every time, though, he's clearly a good lid with a great attitude. May even start against chelsa, the way things are shaping up.

Good little ball player. Drenthe had more talent in his little finger though, imo.

What do you base that on though? We can't have seen much more than a 100 mins from Bryan so far, with him playing on the right wing for some of those. The side we have now is a lot better, with loads more fluidity where Drenthe used to be the only one moving about.
Comparing the two I'd say Oviedo looks the more complete footballer, while Drenthe was more of a freestyle-player who was only ever good as a wild card.

What do you base that on though? We can't have seen much more than a 100 mins from Bryan so far, with him playing on the right wing for some of those. The side we have now is a lot better, with loads more fluidity where Drenthe used to be the only one moving about.
Comparing the two I'd say Oviedo looks the more complete footballer, while Drenthe was more of a freestyle-player who was only ever good as a wild card.
Disagree with all of that. Drenthe was one of the most talented players we've seen at the club in a while. Unfortunately, his attitude was a joke. He had the talent to persuade Real to take a chance on him. He was lightning quick, an excellent finisher inside and outside the box, he could leave a man for dead one on one, had good delivery, could spray the ball around really well, was proficient on both wings and when he felt like tracking back, he was a very good defender. He will go down as one of the biggest wastes of talent for a while, imo.

Oviedo has talent, but nothing close to Royston, for me.

Yeah, I can understand you rating Drenthe, but I can hardly say I've seen enough of Oviedo at this level to say where he's at. He looks as fast as Drenthe, and a lot more disciplined which usually means a lot less adventurous.

Can't say I ever saw much of Drenthe's defensive sides as he generally was our out on the counter. Stuck too deep, he generally ended up putting the team in danger imho. I would have loved for him to come good but I don't think he had what it takes to make it at Everton. When he was in the mood he put in a decent shift, but far to moody and inconcistent for a team of our stature.

.... Drenthe could win a game with one strike..... Drenthe always looked to go direct. How can anyone say Oviedo is a "better" player than Drenthe at this stage. Its very doubtful from what Ive seen.

Get the tinted glasses off lads

I must have been wearing tinted glasses all the time I watched him then cause for me he was a **** played who got lucky occassionally. Just a midget quicker Bily. Who was a bigger arsehole.

Status
Not open for further replies.