El Costa Ricano Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have been wearing tinted glasses all the time I watched him then cause for me he was a **** played who got lucky occassionally. Just a midget quicker Bily. Who was a bigger arsehole.

Somethings happened to the blue jersey on the end of your name.

Oviedo IS better for US than Drenthe, Drenthe was not a team player, Oviedo is, Drenthe is not as 'neat' as Oviedo.

They have similar pace, Both can beat a man, Both can pick a pass, But Oviedo is a lot more of a team player, And a lot less of a nob. He suits us more than Drenthe ever will.

Haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion.
Has he even started a league game yet, can't remember, he may have done.
Looks like a good pacy footballer with a lot of talent, a slightly different footballer to Drenthe but not too dissimilar.
Would like to see him play against Newcastle if Mirallas is still injured.

Oviedo IS better for US than Drenthe, Drenthe was not a team player, Oviedo is, Drenthe is not as 'neat' as Oviedo.

They have similar pace, Both can beat a man, Both can pick a pass, But Oviedo is a lot more of a team player, And a lot less of a nob. He suits us more than Drenthe ever will.

This. Forever and ever.

This. Forever and ever.

Mad.

Oviedo may be better for team moral, togetherness etc etc. but Royston Drenthe is a more direct threat to the oppositions goal than Oviedo. He just is a better player. He may be an arsehole but talent wise theres no comparison.

Drenthe could win a game single handedly from nothing. His burst of pace were devastating to any defender. He just oozed raw ability.

I don't think you're reading it through. Oviedo looks a better player for our team than Drenthe ever did. I'm not casting doubt over Drenthe's skill, which I do think you are playing up in a big way making him sound like a Messi-character, but they are similar.
Drenthe did give away the ball away in dangerous positions though, and was often stopped because he wouldn't pass the easy pass looking a bit like a one-trick-pony.
He did provide us with a few fantastic moments though, when he got it right. I'm hoping Oviedo can stay on for loads longer and come up with more of what little we've seen so far.

Really impressed me when he came on, looks the real deal.

Took the ball down out of the sky like Deco himself on one occasion + looks a potentially top player.

If Coleman and Oviedo continue their development thats 2 full-backs for pocket money.

He's done nothing wrong at all, and many things right in his time on the pitch.

I'm sure there are flaws to his game but as GSG says above, all I'm seeing is the upside. He looks ace. Quick, skilful, good delivery -- and crucially, fine footballing intelligence (his interplay with Baines etc is already excellent). Absolute bargain.

Now just play him more ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.