EFL Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A weekend in Blackpool is the one for me.

lads.gif

Squad wise: I see 75% of this squad being gone if we go down.

Delph. Tosun. Sigurdsson on frees.

Good money for richarlison, DCL, Mina possibly.

You’d think Pickford would go if there are clubs looking for a keeper upgrade.

I’d also see Allan,doucoure, Keane, Holgate, grey, dele and Iwobi leaving.

You’d end up with a core squad remaining of Coleman, Patterson, Davies, branthwaite, mykolenko, Rondon, Gordon(hopefully), Townsend - then loan players like Simms, broadhead and Gbamin possibly be given opportunities.

Squad be beefed up by a number of loans/young players and the odd freebie/sensible signing…

Either way. The starting lineup would be unrecognisable and I would have no faith they’d be good enough to come straight back up.

Would be better than the squad we have now.

They need telling mate because its a sickness born out of scaremongering.

You, I, Esk or anyone else on this board or internet does not know what will happen between now and the first game of next season. No one knows what league we'll be in, who our owner will be, who our manager will, what our squad will be.

Hence stop worrying about it.

Do you go to bed every night worrying what happens when you die? No because 1. no one knows the answer to that and 2. Regardless you have no control over it anyway - same as our situation.

We are going straight to heaven while those [Phrase removed] burn with their daddy

You, I, Esk or anyone else on this board or internet does not know what will happen between now and the first game of next season. No one knows what league we'll be in, who our owner will be, who our manager will, what our squad will be.

Do you go to bed every night worrying what happens when you die? No because 1. no one knows the answer to that and 2. Regardless you have no control over it anyway - same as our situation.
If you think its scaremongering to think we could have financial issues if we go down, then you are seriously deluded. You clearly don't understand what this means

Imagine someone telling you when Moshiri came in that we’d spend half a billion only to be in a relegation dogfight with Burnley whilst Liverpool battle it out for the PL title again after winning that, the CL and League cup all in the last couple of years…

Joke shop of a club.

FYI

The EFL Championship starts on the weekend of 30th July 2022 and will pause for 5 weeks from 14th November till 10th December to accommodate the World Cup in Qatar. The final day of the season will be weekend 6th May with the play off finals scheduled for 27th-29th May.

Championship fixtures are released in June, 24 teams in the league with a total of 46 league games.

Finances are to be hit the hardest, currently Everton earn in excess of £100m for being in the PL, relegation would see this figure plummet to just c£40m falling to £35 in the next year and £15m in the 3rd year down, all these payments then cease after that. Imagine what these losses are likely to be without Premier League money? Whilst in the Premier League we posted losses of £170m over the last 2 years.

Reading FC were deducted 6 points this season for breaking profit and sustainability rules, Readings wage bill was £41m. Our wage bill is c£72m on a turnover likely to be reduced by £60m-£70m. No doubt we could be subject to punishment immediately as we implemented a fire sell of any saleable assets at the club, this might have to include players like Anthony Gordon if others are harder to move on, we know the ones.

The 1st round of the Carabao Cup (League Cup) will commence on 8th August, we will be in this. The final day of the season will be weekend 6th May with the play off finals scheduled for 27th-29th May.

For the FA Cup Championships clubs join at the second round stage.

3 teams are promoted, 2 automatically and 1 via a 4 team play off, 3 teams are relegated. Fulham and Marco Silva has been promoted to the Premier League and Bournemouth are the favourites to join them, play off places are likely to be filled by Huddersfield, Nottingham Forest, Luton Town and Sheffield United. Wayne Rooneys Derby have been relegated for fanancial issues whilst Peterbrough and Barnsley have dropped to League 1.

Potential Constitution:-

Everton
Watford
Norwich
Huddersfield *
Nottm Forest *
Luton *
Sheffield Utd *
Millwall
Middlesborough
Backburn
QPR
Coventry
Stoke
West Brom
Swansea
Preston
Blackpool
Bristol City
Hull
Cardiff
Birmingham
Reading
Wigan
Rotherham
MK Dons *
Sunderland *
Plymouth *
Wycombe *

*Play offs

Goodison Park will be the biggest stadium in the Championship, the next biggest will be Middlesboroughs Riverside Stadium which holds 33,746. Our very own dockside stadium Bramley Moore would be 20,000 bigger than the next biggest and would certainly be the newest.

On the plus side away tickets will not be so hard to come by, when relegated I fear we will never get back to the Premier League due to the financial state of the club. We think we`ve had it bad for 27 years, you haven`t seen anything yet.

Absolute disgrace

Squad wise: I see 75% of this squad being gone if we go down.

Delph. Tosun. Sigurdsson on frees.

Good money for richarlison, DCL, Mina possibly.

You’d think Pickford would go if there are clubs looking for a keeper upgrade.

I’d also see Allan,doucoure, Keane, Holgate, grey, dele and Iwobi leaving.

You’d end up with a core squad remaining of Coleman, Patterson, Davies, branthwaite, mykolenko, Rondon, Gordon(hopefully), Townsend - then loan players like Simms, broadhead and Gbamin possibly be given opportunities.

Squad be beefed up by a number of loans/young players and the odd freebie/sensible signing…

Either way. The starting lineup would be unrecognisable and I would have no faith they’d be good enough to come straight back up.
Who is going to buy Keane?

If you don’t worry/ care about your team’s fate then ultimately what’s the point in even following them - and certainly what’s the point in spending so much spare time debating about various points to do with your club on here. Might as well just collect stamps- you’d have control over that ey.

For some people football is the centre of their life - more so for clubs like everton with a proud history and generations of support. I care about the club and admit to being worried about relegation, last few weeks in particular have been a nightmare - but it is what it is, I’m an evertonian through thick and thin and will probably spend the rest of my days arguing the toss over the club and his travails.

If you don’t worry/ care about your team’s fate then ultimately what’s the point in even following them - and certainly what’s the point in spending so much spare time debating about various points to do with your club on here. Might as well just collect stamps- you’d have control over that ey.

For some people football is the centre of their life - more so for clubs like everton with a proud history and generations of support. I care about the club and admit to being worried about relegation, last few weeks in particular have been a nightmare - but it is what it is, I’m an evertonian through thick and thin and will probably spend the rest of my days arguing the toss over the club and his travails.

This is the correct attitude to have.

Leeds were nearly Bankrupt and survived.

Wolves, Leicester, Villa, Newcastle all gone down and all come back up stronger than before.

Evertonians think we're some unique club / case but we're not - no club goes down because they have a great squad of players and/or are financially sound or ran expertly off the field - but it doesn't mean its the end IF it comes down to that.

We'll all be here as will Everton next season whatever happens in the coming games.

I’m interested to see what away allocations we get at certain grounds . ticket prices away at some grounds will be more expensive than the prem

Status
Not open for further replies.