Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I want a DoF and manager who can buy decent players who can play football on the ground.

Are we eally happy to go back to banging the ball long upfield just to entertain the prospect of employing this feller?

You have to mix it up.

Long balls are not always 'hoof'. The RS go back to front quicker than any other side and it isn't doing them any harm.

You have to earn the right to play. Everton have spent this season getting humiliated week after week. One good performance against a woeful West Ham apart.

The key is to mix it up. Alex Ferguson spent 25 years creating fabulous teams that could adapt and repel against all sorts of opponents.

I thought Duncan managed the game well today. Emotions clearly helped, but that was a solid win today, against a strong side.

You have to mix it up.

Long balls are not always 'hoof'. The RS go back to front quicker than any other side and it isn't doing them any harm.

You have to earn the right to play. Everton have spent this season getting humiliated week after week. One good performance against a woeful West Ham apart.

The key is to mix it up. Alex Ferguson spent 25 years creating fabulous teams that could adapt and repel against all sorts of opponents.

I thought Duncan managed the game well today. Emotions clearly helped, but that was a solid win today, against a strong side.
I take the point that the midfield is weakended and bypassing it is sound tactics for a game against a top team. However, I somehow doubt Ferguson has it in him to play any other way. If he has, let him go and demonstarte it and we can call him back if he's a success at it.

I take the point that the midfield is weakended and bypassing it is sound tactics for a game against a top team. However, I somehow doubt Ferguson has it in him to play any other way. If he has, let him go and demonstarte it and we can call him back if he's a success at it.

You'll only be told you can't afford him and be sniffing around the Howes of this world again :)

Simple game footy, 2 banks of 4 a mobile physical front 2 with a bit of pace about them and we will be fine, sitting in the top half of the table. Will it get us top 6? It’s unlikely, but it is a damned site better than what we have seen so far this season.
Hopefully we will get a few points on the board, make ourselves safe and give ourselves time to find the right, long term, manager, without having to bring in a journeyman stopgap like Moyes or Hughes.
Another plus from today, we saw more passion, both on the pitch and the touch line, in 96 minutes than we have seen in the whole of Silva’s tenure.
I’m not suggesting that Duncan is the answer medium or long term, he most certainly isn’t at this stage of his career, but, he is a big improvement on our other short term options.
It'll be like a one night stand, a holiday romance, we know it won't - can't last, it'll be short and sweet and all end in tears.
It's probably something we have to get out of our systems. We get back on the plane, back to the real world, but every so often...if somebody happens to glance at us, they'll see a wry smile as we remember.

Of course 1 win today proves nothing in regards to Duncs managerial qualities.

I do think though that he brought something we have been lacking and that is passion. We have been a soft touch recently. The one thing the clowns across the park have is a leader who makes the players/fans go that bit extra. It makes a difference, and not just to Manchester Citys coach. He wouldn't run on the pitch against Duncan, or have that rat Suarez slide in front of him. Where is our fight in those moments?

I want that back. From whomever takes the hot seat in the coming weeks.

I do think though that he brought something we have been lacking and that is passion. We have been a soft touch recently. The one thing the clowns across the park have is a leader who makes the players/fans go that bit extra. It makes a difference, and not just to Manchester Citys coach. He wouldn't run on the pitch against Duncan, or have that rat Suarez slide in front of him. Where is our fight in those moments?

Big time.

Missed that fight for years especially from managers with their "philosophies". We have to admit that it's something in the DNA of the club.

Honestly, would never happen, but a Simeone type manager would turn us into a different animal. That mix of fight and passion with the tactical nouse is what's needed.

Unsworth had his chance to shine and blew it.
well, one month for a time doesn't really sound like a real chance especially after Koeman's disaster.
Times have changed and Dunc sadly carries no special sentiment for this team now.
oh, I hope this game showed you exactly the opposite
If Moyes come back, it may be perfect timing. It's interesting that he's supposedly looking at Cahill being his assistant though, which is hardly a great move for Ferguson. I think we may get to see the true Ferguson if Moyes comes in, and maybe that will work out well. Failing that, it may be best for him to have a go at cutting his teeth elsewhere if he really wants to make an impression to come back.
Please no comeback for Moyes, let us give Ferguson a try to the end of the season.
Dunc going to put some fire into these children that call themselves Everton first team, cometh the hour cometh the man!
damn right!
If you bothered to listen to him yesterday, he doesn’t even consider himself a Manager, he said he’s a Coach.
It sounds like a bit of good modesty for me, I prefer that rather than bragging that some well-known managers allow to themselves.
Delph would suit playing under him I reckon
Totally agree, I remember previously this season Delph showed some passion and desire to fight when the rest of the team looked like they couldn't care less. Maybe Delph is a propper man to be a captain.

I know that we shouldn't be carried away but what a delight after this long road of bitterness and sorrow. I can't stop my self dreaming of what every Evertonians are dreaming of. No matter what happened in the next two weeks I stand for giving Ferguson a chance to the end of the season.

You know that level of intensity is impossible to maintain mate.

The last time we saw it was when we beat a much better Chelsea team in the cup QF a few years back. It's rare.

We need a manager who is experienced with a progressive way of playing and who can get the players playing through a method week in week out, not on pure gut emotion one week in 12.

well, one month for a time doesn't really sound like a real chance especially after Koeman's disaster.

oh, I hope this game showed you exactly the opposite

Please no comeback for Moyes, let us give Ferguson a try to the end of the season.

damn right!

It sounds like a bit of good modesty for me, I prefer that rather than bragging that some well-known managers allow to themselves.

Totally agree, I remember previously this season Delph showed some passion and desire to fight when the rest of the team looked like they couldn't care less. Maybe Delph is a propper man to be a captain.

I know that we shouldn't be carried away but what a delight after this long road of bitterness and sorrow. I can't stop my self dreaming of what every Evertonians are dreaming of. No matter what happened in the next two weeks I stand for giving Ferguson a chance to the end of the season.

You quoted me wrong there mate....you quoted the person I was answering. I'm firmly in the Ferguson camp for manager. Have been since Moyes left.

Ah, that @davek, life and soul if the party, crack jokes at a funeral him, can't help being so cheerful, its just his nature.

One
Game
At
A
Time.
...works on so many levels.
People are now thinking who's next optimistically
Instead of...whos next to spank us.

Ans. United away and they're a bit fragile too sometimes.
The Caretaker can warm them down, rest them up and just work on keeping it tight all week.
We keep their crowd quiet, let them get on their backs for a change and see how we go.

One game st a time.

You know that level of intensity is impossible to maintain mate.

The last time we saw it was when we beat a much better Chelsea team in the cup QF a few years back. It's rare.

We need a manager who is experienced with a progressive way of playing and who can get the players playing through a method week in week out, not on pure gut emotion one week in 12.
Agreed but a few wins in the next few weeks while we decide who is the right bloke is better than jumping in next week with the first one available.

You quoted me wrong there mate....you quoted the person I was answering. I'm firmly in the Ferguson camp for manager. Have been since Moyes left.
If that's so, sorry for that, taking you on trust, I read almost the whole thread, got tired) and could make a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.