Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree feller

I don't think he's some life changer i just don't think he's the problem either

He will be angry when we get beat though
People like to complain mate they also like to start Chinese whispers. Highly doubt he's the incapable buffoon with no knowledge of football that people make out on here. If Silva is going and we need an interim for a few matches then I'd rather him than Unsworth. Unsworth had his chance to shine and blew it. Even had Joe royle coming from the stands telling him what to do. He's more of a problem at the club than Ferguson, playing Niasse ahead of other youth in a pointless cup and league. Hangs about like a bad smell hoping if he wins the U23s league enough he'll get a shot at managing us again. Ferguson as a coach I don't mind as long as Silva or the new full time coach are happy with it then no harm done imo.

People like to complain mate they also like to start Chinese whispers. Highly doubt he's the incapable buffoon with no knowledge of football that people make out on here. If Silva is going and we need an interim for a few matches then I'd rather him than Unsworth. Unsworth had his chance to shine and blew it. Even had Joe royle coming from the stands telling him what to do. He's more of a problem at the club than Ferguson, playing Niasse ahead of other youth in a pointless cup and league. Hangs about like a bad smell hoping if he wins the U23s league enough he'll get a shot at managing us again. Ferguson as a coach I don't mind as long as Silva or the new full time coach are happy with it then no harm done imo.
Do you really think that it was Unsworths choice to play Niasse?

I was talking to a couple of mates about him yesterday. We haven’t got a clue what he does either so can’t say much about his training ground work really, as a player he had a ton of potential that he never realised, only showing it briefly.

He came into the first team coaching set up very late into Martinez’ first season is that right?

I was talking to a couple of mates about him yesterday. We haven’t got a clue what he does either so can’t say much about his training ground work really, as a player he had a ton of potential that he never realised, only showing it briefly.

He came into the first team coaching set up very late into Martinez’ first season is that right?

This. Also some very laughable ideas that because he wasn't up there with the best players of his time then he can't possibly coach top flight players.

Alex Ferguson was a bang average Scottish player and had lots of very highly rated coaches working under him...a lot were not top players.

Tis fairly simple. Dunc has to work with championship strikers. He might be a good or bad coach. It cant be proven yet. No one can get pigs to fly. Duncan cant get our championship forwards to be good premier ones. No one could.

It’s a manager’s job to pick his back room staff.
And have a big say in the football philosophy of the club, including reserve/junior teams.
we don't have that model now mate, it is Brands who deals with that. It is Silva/coach who deals with first team matters

Do you really believe any decent manager would come in & just accept an entire incumbent backroom staff & not be allowed to bring his own?
of course they can, think me & the other fella are pointing at the 2nd sentence mate in the reply about the rest of the club, youth set up etc

Status
Not open for further replies.