Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed but a few wins in the next few weeks while we decide who is the right bloke is better than jumping in next week with the first one available.
We;ll see. Personally I dont think there'll be much hanging about with this next appointment. I cant see it being weeks.

You know that level of intensity is impossible to maintain mate.

The last time we saw it was when we beat a much better Chelsea team in the cup QF a few years back. It's rare.

We need a manager who is experienced with a progressive way of playing and who can get the players playing through a method week in week out, not on pure gut emotion one week in 12.

The RS do it week in week out.

Fergie's United did for 20+ years.

I want Simeone as manager, but that might be a reach to far. What I don't want is another passive philosopher (honestly chuffed Pochettino didn't want it as I think he would be a bad fit tbh).

What did you want him to do? Try to play modern pass pass pass football with that central midfield? They’re not good enough to play football that’s why silva failed with his ‘football philosophy’ Luckily enough for me I was lucky enough to watch a fair few of the Everton youth games when he was involved in the academy, all his teams played brilliant football

That was the problem with Silva. If he was still the coach he'd still want us to play a similar way even though half his squad is injured. He never adapted to what he had.

Dunc today went back to basics cos we don't have a midfield but we have players with engines. We aren't gonna pass it around cos we don't have Gomes as a pivot.

Sometimes just seeing what things are rather than what you want them to be works.

You have to mix it up.

Long balls are not always 'hoof'. The RS go back to front quicker than any other side and it isn't doing them any harm.

You have to earn the right to play. Everton have spent this season getting humiliated week after week. One good performance against a woeful West Ham apart.

The key is to mix it up. Alex Ferguson spent 25 years creating fabulous teams that could adapt and repel against all sorts of opponents.

I thought Duncan managed the game well today. Emotions clearly helped, but that was a solid win today, against a strong side.
I remember us playing Wengers Arsenal years back at Goodison. We played them off the park and they scratched, kicked, handled and hoofed their way to I think it was a 4 nil victory, they could mix it when needed. Loved the game today, not silky but the team tackled like demons but never lost control. The forgotten art of scrapping for everything...excellent stuff.

Of course 1 win today proves nothing in regards to Duncs managerial qualities.

I do think though that he brought something we have been lacking and that is passion. We have been a soft touch recently. The one thing the clowns across the park have is a leader who makes the players/fans go that bit extra. It makes a difference, and not just to Manchester Citys coach. He wouldn't run on the pitch against Duncan, or have that rat Suarez slide in front of him. Where is our fight in those moments?

I want that back. From whomever takes the hot seat in the coming weeks.
I don’t see what you wanted Moyes to do against Suarez. Start a fight with him?!?

It'll be like a one night stand, a holiday romance, we know it won't - can't last, it'll be short and sweet and all end in tears.
It's probably something we have to get out of our systems. We get back on the plane, back to the real world, but every so often...if somebody happens to glance at us, they'll see a wry smile as we remember.
It shares many attributes of a holiday romance - fast penetration, plenty of ball fumbling, a mix up at the back that ends with one getting slipped in, passionate shouting at the climax, etc etc

Been catching up on this thread just feels like Iv scrolled past a lot of davek which I can’t be bothered with.

Imagine being married to him.

Imagine throwing a massive bucket of cold water over today's performance by hiring Moyes?.

I'd just let big Dunc take over till the end of the season and hopefully have a long term plan in the summer.
It is far too early. Emotion can get us so far and we really don't know yet. We won't think it is a cup tie every game. It was brilliant though and let us just see how we shape away from home.

After next weekend Gallardo is a free agent. *taps nose
Not very clear that...according to the river president gallardo has a contract until december 2021...contract that he signed in 2017. What's not clear is if there is some kind of exit clause at the end of each year and so could be free by end of this month.

Not very clear that...according to the river president gallardo has a contract until december 2021...contract that he signed in 2017. What's not clear is if there is some kind of exit clause at the end of each year and so could be free by end of this month.
I believe he's on a rolling season by season contract. Void after the cup final next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.