Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention have you seen the list of our legendary no. 9s, all physical guys who loved to get their head in where it hurts. We aren’t a good enough team to be playing this tippy tappy football. Give me long balls and physical play as long as we get the 3pts
We've spent half a billion to play hoofball?!

We cant turn back to the days of Moyes.

We have the players we have mate, the money we have spent is irrelevant. You wanna play attractive football with Sigurdsson/Davies/schneiderlin/delph every week.That’s what silva tried and we got murdered.
No, I want a DoF and manager who can buy decent players who can play football on the ground.

Are we eally happy to go back to banging the ball long upfield just to entertain the prospect of employing this feller?

What we are all forgetting is some of the best coaches in world football were rubbish players, mediocre players or not players at all, Mourinho, Alex Ferguson, wenger just to name a few, Ferguson’s coaching techniques are nothing like his playing days he’s a modern coach, I’m not saying he should be our manager or anything but all your shouts slagging him off is kopite behaviour

View attachment 73291
Look at his face.
Look how proud he is.
Look how happy he is.
That's the look we're all wearing tonight.
Thank you for putting a bit of pride back Big Man.
Thank you in bucket loads xx
Been a while since I’ve been motivated to save and use anything Everton related as a wallpaper, but this deserves a little run. Look at his happy little face!

No, I want a DoF and manager who can buy decent players who can play football on the ground.

And I want to be 19, thin and handsome again, it ain't happening.

Look, there's almost zero chance of Dunc getting a long term contract. He'll be in the frame for as long as it takes to get a new manager in place. If he manages to pull it out the bag in the next few games like he did today I can see him getting the gig to the end of the season when we'll have a better chance of bringing in the right man for the permanent job. At that point the guy will have earned it.

Fact is we've had one game with him as manager and we got it right. That's a strong, technical, very attacking Chelsea team with weaknesses at the back. We let them have the ball, sat deep, soaked up pressure well and provoked and exploited their defensive errors with physicality and intensity. It was a good game and a good performance. So why moan?

People talk about "the rot" in this club. Well I'm not sure what that is, exactly, but if I had to guess I could do a lot worse than pointing at the agents of permanent fume. Parts of our fanbase are constitutionally incapable of enjoying being an evertonian. Well you know what? Sod off then. Because if you can't enjoy today for what it is I don't want you poisoning the club I love.

Are we eally happy to go back to banging the ball long upfield just to entertain the prospect of employing this feller?

I get what you want mate, we all want to play that way. What we HAVE is a bunch of crabs in the middle of park who can’t do that. Martinez, Koeman and Silva are all testament to this. I am not averse to playing direct football, just because the media these days have us believing any other way is anti football. As long as the blues win I don’t care how we do it. If we’d been winning trophies over the last 30 years playing gorgeous footy I’d have a completely different outlook, alas, we haven’t. I want points and trophies by any means necessary.

For the record I don’t want Duncan as manager, just a point about style of play.

Mate, you don’t have a DOF and a manager. You have a DOF and a head coach.

It’s a rubbish system that undermines the guy in the dugout from the start. Almost like going back to the old selection committee days prior to the emergence of the modern day manager.

What we are all forgetting is some of the best coaches in world football were rubbish players, mediocre players or not players at all, Mourinho, Alex Ferguson, wenger just to name a few, Ferguson’s coaching techniques are nothing like his playing days he’s a modern coach, I’m not saying he should be our manager or anything but all your shouts slagging him off is kopite behaviour
Modern coach ? Today looked a carbon copy of Moyes circa 2003.

He's got that infectious love in with the players going on which is something I really never expected from him. I know he was always a passionate man but thought he would be more of a tough nut rather than the arm around the shoulder/hugging man management approach.

If you're respected it seems players respond to the positive man management stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.