Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know unless we give him a chance. The caretaker job he did was very good, better than Unsworth. Surely Dunc deserves a proper go, can't be much worse than Silva, Koeman or Sam bluddy Allardyce lol

Might just be he fits right in: players respond to good old-fashioned passion & personality from their manager: that's how Jürgen from across the park has so much success.
He won one game out of four, at the end of the short spell he was in charge the players were absolutely knackered.

Klopp won titles in Germany before he came to Liverpool , he was a proven success as a manager and was in demand, Duncan, has he been offered a chance to manage elsewhere in many years he has been at Everton as a coach, has he even looked to go anywhere else, I think he has a cushy life at Everton and doesn’t want to leave it.

He won one game out of four, at the end of the short spell he was in charge the players were absolutely knackered.

Klopp won titles in Germany before he came to Liverpool , he was a proven success as a manager and was in demand, Duncan, has he been offered a chance to manage elsewhere in many years he has been at Everton as a coach, has he even looked to go anywhere else, I think he has a cushy life at Everton and doesn’t want to leave it.

You could also say he was undefeated. His Everton beat Chelsea, and drew with Man Utd & Arsenal, while tieing with Leicester City (before pens). A tough run of games that was. He also got the crowd excited, the players ran like they had Energizer bunnies powering them. Most blues would say his 4 games in charge were more success than failure.

He's made for Everton. We should at least give him a go. Because what are the alternatives? Name me a realistic candidate who can do better than one of the greatest coaches the modern game's ever seen? Carlo Ancelotti is absolute grade-A high-end stuff...the kind of boss we wouldn't dare to dream of having here...but we actually did have him, and look where it got us.

As @blueconverse said earlier: we're a strange club which doesn't follow normal rules of logic. We need to find our own logic. I believe Duncan is it.

You could also say he was undefeated. His Everton beat Chelsea, and drew with Man Utd & Arsenal, while tieing with Leicester City (before pens). A tough run of games that was. He also got the crowd excited, the players ran like they had Energizer bunnies powering them. Most blues would say his 4 games in charge were more success than failure.

He's made for Everton. We should at least give him a go. Because what are the alternatives? Name me a realistic candidate who can do better than one of the greatest coaches the modern game's ever seen? Carlo Ancelotti is absolute grade-A high-end stuff...the kind of boss we wouldn't dare to dream of having here...but we actually did have him, and look where it got us.

As @blueconverse said earlier: we're a strange club which doesn't follow normal rules of logic. We need to find our own logic. I believe Duncan is it.
As I said before at the end of those four games the players were out on their feet and if he had been given the job permanently I wander where we would have finished up, I can have a good guess, don’t think it would have been pretty, so my logic is to swerve Duncan at this time, until he proves to be less of a very big risk.

As I said before at the end of those four games the players were out on their feet and if he had been given the job permanently I wander where we would have finished up, I can have a good guess, don’t think it would have been pretty, so my logic is to swerve Duncan at this time, until he proves to be less of a very big risk.
Out on their feet because they obviously weren't fit. In an age of high energy pressing football we employ coaches that appear to let player stroll through training and games. Not saying DF is the answer but he wouldn't have put up with last seasons strolls in the park.

Would love it! Genuinely i think its what the club needs!
But all the noises coming from the club is that they are scouring high and wide for the right person!
If they thought Duncan was the right person he would of at least been interviewed

We are in an excellent position to take a risk.
Its not as if we have any blueprint to run with previously.
Its not as if we would be in any danger of going down! And im refusing to accept these players could get lower than 14th/15th even if coached by a dog!

He needs to be told to leave and try management elsewhere like Gerrard or Lampard.

We don’t need him on the touch line holding the subs board up tbh, and he very clearly doesn’t get the team fired up pre match. Time for him to leave and see what he can do away from Everton.

1622820738048.png

Not a fan of this idea.
On the plus side, he bleeds blue and there's no questioning his loyalty.
on the minus side, I feel like he (like unsworth) may be in a bit of a comfortable rut.
He should have left Everton two seasons ago and had a go at senior management.
He's the only constant in a string of failed management groups.
I'm not sure there was a lot to be learned from working under Ancelotti who's recipe for success seemed to be 'sign great players'.
I have far more respect for Rooney giving it a go at Derby than Ferguson barking in someones ear on the sideline at goodison.
I'd love to see him come back to everton with a bit of experience but for now he just seems to be a PR machine from the school of Bill Kenwright.

He'd end up making a show of the club. He recently posted a video to a lad who was playing up and started effing and blinding in his video message. Can you imagine the PR calamity he'd be for Everton if they made him manager?
You mean like this from our 'revered' CEO issued 24 hours ahead of the 5-0 shellacking at City?
There has been clear progress in Carlo’s first full season in charge. Not only is he one of the most successful managers in the history of the game, he is also the perfect fit for our Club. He embraces our Club’s values and rich history - and has connected with Evertonians.

He needs to be told to leave and try management elsewhere like Gerrard or Lampard.

We don’t need him on the touch line holding the subs board up tbh, and he very clearly doesn’t get the team fired up pre match. Time for him to leave and see what he can do away from Everton.
Do you honestly think Ancelotti let him give the pre-match team talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.