Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like this from our 'revered' CEO issued 24 hours ahead of the 5-0 shellacking at City?
There has been clear progress in Carlo’s first full season in charge. Not only is he one of the most successful managers in the history of the game, he is also the perfect fit for our Club. He embraces our Club’s values and rich history - and has connected with Evertonians.
She's a chugger and utterly clueless about anything other than self promotion.

You could also say he was undefeated. His Everton beat Chelsea, and drew with Man Utd & Arsenal, while tieing with Leicester City (before pens). A tough run of games that was. He also got the crowd excited, the players ran like they had Energizer bunnies powering them. Most blues would say his 4 games in charge were more success than failure.

He's made for Everton. We should at least give him a go. Because what are the alternatives? Name me a realistic candidate who can do better than one of the greatest coaches the modern game's ever seen? Carlo Ancelotti is absolute grade-A high-end stuff...the kind of boss we wouldn't dare to dream of having here...but we actually did have him, and look where it got us.

As @blueconverse said earlier: we're a strange club which doesn't follow normal rules of logic. We need to find our own logic. I believe Duncan is it.
I dunno if he should be made manager mainly cause I wouldn't like to see it go badly for him. But for me, those games when he was in charge felt more like the Everton I supported as a kid. I was wanting him to win as much as for the team itself!

We are in an excellent position to take a risk.
Its not as if we have any blueprint to run with previously.
Its not as if we would be in any danger of going down! And im refusing to accept these players could get lower than 14th/15th even if coached by a dog!
Well that’s your prerogative to take a risk, you would I wouldn’t, and if I was Mr.Moshiri I wouldn’t be wasting any more money on appointments like this.

Out on their feet because they obviously weren't fit. In an age of high energy pressing football we employ coaches that appear to let player stroll through training and games. Not saying DF is the answer but he wouldn't have put up with last seasons strolls in the park.
Fair enough, by the way he was a senior coach/ assistant manager why didn’t he open his mouth, if he did, nobody took any notice.

I dunno if he should be made manager mainly cause I wouldn't like to see it go badly for him. But for me, those games when he was in charge felt more like the Everton I supported as a kid. I was wanting him to win as much as for the team itself!
yeah same...those moments of reignited primal passion for the blues have been so few these last few years: Rooney's pen vs RS was another one.

Without passion we just end up following out of habit...honestly I switched off this season, not just because we were so boring, the empty stadiums & fake-crowd noises were also a right put-off.

Dunc in charge, plus full stadiums, would get me interested again.

What is the risk everyone keeps talking about, and would his risk be any greater than any of the other managers on offer?

We have proved with our last few appointments that experience alone is not enough. We need someone who understands the club, to come in and galvanise us, energise us, and create a team spirit and a work ethic that is fitting with Everton sides of the past.

People talk about him not being tactically astute, which is harsh, given he was tasked with taking the reigns in as tough a run of fixtures as you are likely to get in the space of 10 days. And he let absolutely no one down.

Appointing some master tactician is great if you a) have the players to buy into it, and b) have a fan base that appreciates a pragmatic approach. But passion, aggression, belief and some basic fundamentals of football have gotten teams and players alike to heights they haven't reached under other more tactically astute managers.

Do you honestly think Klopp is a master tactician? Sprint and press, hit early balls over the top, get in behind with pace. What he does, and I hate to praise him for anything, is he makes players believe and he gets them aggressive and passionate.

Ferguson would have players willing to run through brick walls for him and the team, and those that won't, wouldn't be here that long.

Having someone with charisma and with broad enough shoulders to take responsibility is hugely important. Having someone that people will believe in and follow equally so. He can appoint coaches to assist him with the other stuff. Most of the best managers do.

I believe that sometimes, things happen for a reason, and as gutted as I've been over the circumstances of what has transpired over the last few days, mostly out of disbelief because I truly bought in on the character and integrity that Ancelotti apparently stood for, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

Through no fault of our own, we have come to a natural, unplanned reset. Sacking a manager puts the onus on the replacement to come in and improve on it instantly. This is a free hit at a point when we could quite literally not be more average. 10th in the league, no European football, and a transitional squad. If ever there was a time to take this chance, it would be now. A fresh start, at the beginning of a rebuild, with a genuine leader who would always put the club 1st, and with some promising youth prospects waiting to break through, it's an opportunity for him and Brands to form a partnership and oversee a brand new Everton reborn out of the shadows of the failed regimes that came before.

What is the risk everyone keeps talking about, and would his risk be any greater than any of the other managers on offer?

We have proved with our last few appointments that experience alone is not enough. We need someone who understands the club, to come in and galvanise us, energise us, and create a team spirit and a work ethic that is fitting with Everton sides of the past.

People talk about him not being tactically astute, which is harsh, given he was tasked with taking the reigns in as tough a run of fixtures as you are likely to get in the space of 10 days. And he let absolutely no one down.

Appointing some master tactician is great if you a) have the players to buy into it, and b) have a fan base that appreciates a pragmatic approach. But passion, aggression, belief and some basic fundamentals of football have gotten teams and players alike to heights they haven't reached under other more tactically astute managers.

Do you honestly think Klopp is a master tactician? Sprint and press, hit early balls Iver the top, get in behind with pace. What he does, and I hate to praise him for anything, is he makes players believe and he gets them aggressive and passionate.

Ferguson would have players willing to run through brick walls for him and the team, and those that won't, wouldn't be here that long.

Having someone with charisma and with broad enough shoulders to take responsibility is hugely important. Having someone that people will believe in and follow equally so. He can appoint coaches to assist him with the other stuff. Most of the best managers do.

I believe that sometimes, things happen for a reason, and as gutted as I've been over the circumstances of what has transpired over the last few days, mostly out of disbelief because I truly bought in on the character and integrity that Ancelotti apparently stood for, but maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

Through no fault of our own, we have come to a natural, unplanned reset. Sacking a manager puts the onus on the replacement to come in and improve on it instantly. This is a free hit at a point when we could quite literally not be more average. 10th in the league, no European football, and a transitional squad. If ever there was a time to take this chance, it would be now. A fresh start, at the beginning of a rebuild, with a genuine leader who would always put the club 1st, and with some promising youth prospects waiting to break through, it's an opportunity for him and Brands to form a partnership and oversee a brand new Everton reborn out of the shadows of the failed regimes that came before.
Good post, especially the very first line is the big question we have to ask when considering appointing Dunc. I just don't see how he would be more of a risk than any of the other realistic candidates out there.

If anyone wants to appoint Duncan for his all-action, aggressive approach to football, do you think our squad contains the type of players who can play that style? We probably have the worst squad in the league for that type of football.

Big Nev is thick. Great goal keeper though. Ferguson would be a terrible choice if you expect foreign players to sign for you. Which team did Nev manage for a few weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.