2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was always going to take time to get match sharpness back and he's reliant on wide forwards who can't make good decisions and hardly create anything. It would be hard enough for him after so long out never mind adding in unproductive team mates.

We know he's not the pick it up on the half way line, beat 5 defenders and slot. He has a specific skillset and we aren't playing to his strengths currently.

He isn't putting himself about like he used to but I'd imagine some residual fear from injuries may be lurking.

All of them 4 players don't rely on the ball hitting their shins from 3 yards out to score though.
Dom is a better all-round forward than all of them, bar maybe Watkins.

He's not the same player he was and we needed to have a proper alternative, and eventual replacement, signed in the summer.

You have seen Maupay play for us, yeah?

Even that season under Carlo he wasn’t a prolific poacher, after the purple patch he went on a run of 4 goals in 20 games in the second half of the season.
Ironically when his injury issues started and we didn't have James in the side as much.

I for one never claimed he was an elite forward. But he is a good player when you get the ball to him in the right positions.

For that you need quality in those creative roles. Not Gordon, Gray and McNeil.

Dom is a better all-round forward than all of them, bar maybe Watkins.

He's not the same player he was and we needed to have a proper alternative, and eventual replacement, signed in the summer.

You have seen Maupay play for us, yeah?

No he's not, he's absolutely terrible, he cannot do anything anymore, he was once a nuisance that worked hard, he changed his game for 6 months and was a good poacher, now he offers zero.

I have watched maupay play for us and agree he's been awful as well, I've watched maupay play for Brighton and Brentford to know he does have his uses though.

Every player who scores 25 championship goals atleast has the ability to finish chances, DCL never has had that.

No he's not, he's absolutely terrible, he cannot do anything anymore, he was once a nuisance that worked hard, he changed his game for 6 months and was a good poacher, now he offers zero.

I have watched maupay play for us and agree he's been awful as well, I've watched maupay play for Brighton and Brentford to know he does have his uses though.

Every player who scores 25 championship goals atleast has the ability to finish chances, Dominic Calvert-Lewin never has had that.
None of those players i listed have that ability bar Watkins.

The one goal Dom has scored this season was all of his own making, v Palace.

Please, stop talking out of your backside.

It was always going to take time to get match sharpness back and he's reliant on wide forwards who can't make good decisions and hardly create anything. It would be hard enough for him after so long out never mind adding in unproductive team mates.

We know he's not the pick it up on the half way line, beat 5 defenders and slot. He has a specific skillset and we aren't playing to his strengths currently.

He isn't putting himself about like he used to but I'd imagine some residual fear from injuries may be lurking.

If he has a fear of getting injured, he shouldn’t be playing and picking up wages. He gets paid to score goals and isn’t doing it…..

Status
Not open for further replies.